What am I no4.

Post Reply

Male or female

Poll ended at Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:08 pmPlease note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

Female
7
88%
Male
1
13%
 
Total votes: 8

User avatar
SusanH
On the Roost
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: Sydenham, ON
x 255

What am I no4.

Post by SusanH » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:11 pm

IMG_0219.JPG
0

User avatar
KimChick
Free Ranging
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:00 am
Location: Rideau Lakes
x 634

Re: What am I no4.

Post by KimChick » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Looks like a Joan Jet hen, female. But who am I to say?
0
In memory of our first rooster, I wrote and published a Kindle eBook on Amazon, "Humphrey, the Rooster: A true story". Humphrey is my current avatar.

User avatar
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - hen level
Posts: 5007
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:04 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Brockville
x 5941

Re: What am I no4.

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:49 am

Well they are all very pretty(handsome) birds!
0
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

User avatar
Kbr42
Starting to Crow
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:37 am
x 605

Re: What am I no4.

Post by Kbr42 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 am

Nice looking birds! Looks like you have a bunch of pullets, lucky you. They are great birds. I've tried to raise them. But they keep getting taken out by hawks and owls.
0

User avatar
SusanH
On the Roost
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: Sydenham, ON
x 255

Re: What am I no4.

Post by SusanH » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 pm

KimChick wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 pm
Looks like a Joan Jet hen, female. But who am I to say?
What is a Joan Jet hen?
Isn't she lovely? i swear they should recognize "chicken therapy". I have so much sadness in my life right now, but just a half hour with a chicken on my shoulder and my heart fills with delight.
3

User avatar
SusanH
On the Roost
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:46 pm
Location: Sydenham, ON
x 255

Re: What am I no4.

Post by SusanH » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Kbr42 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 am
Nice looking birds! Looks like you have a bunch of pullets, lucky you. They are great birds. I've tried to raise them. But they keep getting taken out by hawks and owls.
Thank you! I hope one of them is a roo! Maybe I can raise more and give you a couple! They have the sweetest personalities.

I have a fenced chicken yard with trees. Apparently raptors that swoop to pick up prey can't deal with closed spaces and obstacles.
1

User avatar
KimChick
Free Ranging
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:00 am
Location: Rideau Lakes
x 634

Re: What am I no4.

Post by KimChick » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:53 pm

SusanH wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 pm
KimChick wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 pm
Looks like a Joan Jet hen, female. But who am I to say?
What is a Joan Jet hen?
Isn't she lovely? i swear they should recognize "chicken therapy". I have so much sadness in my life right now, but just a half hour with a chicken on my shoulder and my heart fills with delight.
Joan Jet is a rock singer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Jett
I spelled her name wrong.
Your chickens must be small; mine are too big to be on my shoulder. I'm glad that you find your hens delightful! I find that my hens are a hoot.
0
In memory of our first rooster, I wrote and published a Kindle eBook on Amazon, "Humphrey, the Rooster: A true story". Humphrey is my current avatar.

User avatar
windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - chick level
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:31 pm
Answers: 3
Location: Frankville, Ontario
x 4430

Re: What am I no4.

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:14 am

I keep voting female for this one, and two others, but I'm not sure my votes are registering. So I'll comment :) I think it's a pullet.
0

User avatar
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Posts: 4684
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:55 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Rural near West Lorne and Glencoe
x 6624

Re: What am I no4.

Post by WLLady » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:24 am

www you have to hit "submit vote" in the section where you click the radio button. and on 3 of these posts the votes are hidden until july 5, just the way the poll was set up.
0
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

User avatar
Kbr42
Starting to Crow
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:37 am
x 605

Re: What am I no4.

Post by Kbr42 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:27 pm

SusanH wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 pm
Kbr42 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 am
Nice looking birds! Looks like you have a bunch of pullets, lucky you. They are great birds. I've tried to raise them. But they keep getting taken out by hawks and owls.
Thank you! I hope one of them is a roo! Maybe I can raise more and give you a couple! They have the sweetest personalities.

I have a fenced chicken yard with trees. Apparently raptors that swoop to pick up prey can't deal with closed spaces and obstacles.
I'd love a couple I think you may have 1 roo in the bunch. Take a look at molted houndan...they are great birds as well. Let us know what you end up with!
0

Post Reply

Return to “Games”