How did I not see this forum before?

New to PTO? Want to stop in and say hi and introduce yourself? Here's the place to do it!
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: How did I not see this forum before?

Post by Farrier1987 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:16 am

A good bunch here. And if you want to get taken advantage of again, I would be glad to assist. Send money. Also sending pics via the forum is looked upon with great favour, do it when you can. Pic of the month club, particular health problems, stuff like that is mostly here.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:01 am

Welcome and glad you found us!
We've had chickens for 5 years, starting with Black Sex-Links and slow growing meat chickens. We now have a mix of BSL, RSL, RIR, BR, and some barnyard mixes - about 28 in all, including the Barred Rock rooster.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Well gidday eh! :beer: :farmer:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

LateBirdFarms
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by LateBirdFarms » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:49 pm

Farrier1987 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:16 am
A good bunch here. And if you want to get taken advantage of again, I would be glad to assist. Send money. Also sending pics via the forum is looked upon with great favour, do it when you can. Pic of the month club, particular health problems, stuff like that is mostly here.
Ha! I love a surprise as much as the next girl, but that's it for porch pickups for me! Elderly lady up the road got a good laugh and some pretty good freezer camp grow outs outta me, so I can't say it was a total waste!

LateBirdFarms
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by LateBirdFarms » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:55 pm

KimChick wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:01 am
Welcome and glad you found us!
We've had chickens for 5 years, starting with Black Sex-Links and slow growing meat chickens. We now have a mix of BSL, RSL, RIR, BR, and some barnyard mixes - about 28 in all, including the Barred Rock rooster.
I still have a few of my reds, and they're a pushy but sweet bunch, my only barred rock turned out to be an angry boy unfortunately. I've got a barred silkie cockerel, but he's a pretty pathetic example of his sex, I've gotta say, lovely little pet though!

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:58 am

LateBirdFarms wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:55 pm
he's a pretty pathetic example of his sex, I've gotta say, lovely little pet though!
Thats paraphrasing what my wife says about me.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:55 am

Farrier1987 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:58 am
LateBirdFarms wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:55 pm
he's a pretty pathetic example of his sex, I've gotta say, lovely little pet though!
Thats paraphrasing what my wife says about me.
That's not what I heard...

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:12 am

:welcome: glad you joined :PTO:

Lots of great "like minded" chicken people here with lots of good information and help :chicken_dance:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:08 pm

:stars:
Welcome to PTO! It's hard to find a friendlier, more helpful bunch of poultry folk than those on this site. Red Sexlinks were my first also, and to this day my most favourite chicken was a RSL named Googles (because one eye pupil was perpetually pinpoint, so it looked like she had googly eyes lol) and in her memory I always seem to keep a couple retired reds around. I look forward to hearing about your flock!

Return to “I'm New Here Introductions”