Good Morning!

General discussion forum.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Good Morning!

Post by WLLady » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:28 am

NO GOATS!!!!! EVER!!!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:48 am

Real fun specially if
your house floors are slanted than there little round turds all go to one side , which can happen at anytime no warning , well there is a warning the little tail flips up & out it comes , which makes easy to sweep up . Lol
Rock on Billy Go-At
PS no matter how hard you push or hold the tail down it slips & slides it’s way out .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:25 am

WLLady wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:28 am
NO GOATS!!!!! EVER!!!!!
There's that little heart thing when you like a post you click it. Maybe we should have a pile a poo or something you click when you dont like it. Not sure why I thought about that right now, but we should consider it seriously.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:46 pm

ross wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:48 am
PS no matter how hard you push or hold the tail down it slips & slides it’s way out .
This is a family show Ross. Even though we trust that you speak with authority, we don't want instructions as to how to hold a goats tail for whatever purpose.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Oh no I was just “kidding”.
Family you say hmmm
:cowmuh: :cowmuh:
Attachments
05B8BEEB-B3CD-4DEF-980D-A81F221C3E89.jpeg

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:29 pm

Nope, No goats. I stand by my words. LOL that is a job much better for @Farrier1987. He knows what he's doing and apparently his goats are well behaved and stay where he tells them to ;-P
Well another day.....the last of the chickens that needed to go are gone, and meat in the freezer, and the turkey pens are now the remaining chickens new homes. Thank you to DH for doing all the work. Seems my back is NOT feeling one whit better....sigh. I can walk to the barn now, but my goodness it is not happy. The surgeon ordered an MRI, I just hope it happens really soon, because it will be yet another week at least off work on medical leave. I'll make a few phone calls on monday and see if there's a way to get one even if i have to sit in a car for up to 3 hours to get one. This is ridiculous. This all just plain sucks right now. I have the welbars and rhodebars, and they're all downstairs in the turkey pens. DH has been simply amazing and going way above and beyond in all the work he's doing. we need to empty the waterers and feeders upstairs and the rest can wait until later when I can actually do something meaningful....
Tomorrow the last of the ducks go-with the exception of the 8 for us and bayvista. I'll do some more montreal smoked meat. Oh, i made some cured turkey meat, and it turned out AMAZING. So if anyone is wants the recipes I'll post them in the cooking section if you want.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:57 pm

Oh yes!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:08 am

Much quieter now in the coops. A nice quad of young turkeys just left for NB. Happy about that because I held this young boy back because he was not only nice but friendly. So they are going to a family with kids that already have poultry and they were all partly hand raised so suitable for youngsters - YAY! No way I can overwinter 4 boys LOL.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:55 am

Goats go good with horses 👍🐐🐴

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:08 pm

ross wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:55 am
Goats go good with horses 👍🐐🐴
Yeah that's is a fine theory, accept we know people who had a horse who was lonely and everybody said you need to get him a goat for company, so they got a goat but the horse didn't like him, so they had to get another horse for the horses company and another goat for his/her company, I guess that would make it a horse and goat math.... ;)

Return to “Around the Waterer”