ISO Corid Amprolium

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums.
ThePluckyHen
Newly Hatched Chick

ISO Corid Amprolium

Post by ThePluckyHen » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:58 pm

I am looking for Corid Amprolium or at least someone who can provide me with a small measure of it. The cost of shipping is double the small bottle I actually want/need so if I can avoid that I will. I'm hoping someone might have a bit on hand so I can include it in my emergency kit. Will drive for pickup. Located within Grey-Bruce area so hoping someone nearby might have some.

Thanks in Advance

The Plucky Hen

modern17
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Re: ISO Corid Amprolium

Post by modern17 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:34 am

My vet has it in large 4 liter jugs.. but will pour off 1/2 L . 1 L bottles . I am sure many vets will do this. As of last year you could still buy amproline at Floradale Feed in Floradale ON.. they only have the 4 l jug mind you. I am sure some feed companies can get it for you but probably in 4 L only .
I encourage all to seek out a vet for such items... we can only get drugs ( amproline is not considered a drug but does fall under some restrictions) for your birds through a vet. Hope this has helped
TL
Last edited by modern17 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

modern17
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Post by modern17 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:45 am

PS
Corid is a brand name from the USA .. when asking you are looking for Amproline to be used as a coccidiostat. It is my guess if you ask for corid you will be told they do not have it . In any case not cheap as I do believe the last jug I purchased was in the $130 for 4 L range . Also a note ... do not worry about expiry dates on this product... I have used amproline that was 5 years out of date with regular success .. any thing ingested must have a date .. as they say.. best before does not mean bad after "
TL

ThePluckyHen
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by ThePluckyHen » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:32 pm

Thanks so much! That's a big help. I do have a vet who is going to vaccinate for me so maybe they have a dose.

Return to “Wanted”