Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by Happy » Sat May 16, 2020 11:02 am

Well I have been back to work since last Monday. We have been filling and shipping on-line orders and preparing the store for re-opening. While shipping I am alone in an office wearing gloves and mask.
Theres a lot to be done that I'm sure most people wouldn't think of. All of the clothing fixtures need to be realigned and aisles widened to support social distancing. This has caused us to remove some fixtures from the sales floor which in turn means re-merchandising product. Plexi installed. Quarantine areas set up and training completed. All returned product will need to be immediately sealed and quarantined for 72 hours before going back out for sale. Disinfectant stations have been created...fitting rooms will remain closed for now. Any deliveries coming into the store need to be disinfected upon arrival. We have been advised to expect line-ups of people returning items that they have ordered on-line of the past couple of months. Our location will not be ready to open on Tuesday so Thursday is the goal. Our plexi is delayed. I'm not looking forward to peopling again. Yesterday we were taking a quick break and visit in front of the store and a gentleman walked over to us and I backed away in order to maintain distance from him because he obviously wasn't concerned about it. He asked if we were open. No, probably Thursday. THURSDAY? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN TUESDAY!!! We won't have all of our precautions in place by Tuesday. OH....SO WILL EVERYTHING BE 1/2 PRICE? HA HA HA
Ugh. If I make it through the next few weeks without being fired for throwing something at a customer's head it will be a miracle.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sat May 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Yep be safe . I know some floor mgrs at our local WalMArt have had some customers banned . A whole new normal.👎
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Sat May 16, 2020 2:06 pm

Just think Happy, being at work will give you more material for your Grumpy Chickens!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 am

Our Walmart has banned a couple of shoppers too I hear. I also heard they richly deserved it for abusing staff!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

spuddog59
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by spuddog59 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:06 pm
I think I have earned my whine, no library, no yoga, no theater, no travel to visit grandchildren and only snow drops peeking out of the ground.
Actually I think I miss the library most, a weekly pop in to the local cafe and library stop, is the total of my social life and although my shelves are full of books, turns out there are no surprises there anymore, the good ones I remember too well and who wants to re-read the not so good ones ? ;)
Internet holds no interest for me, (accept for the kindred souls on PTO) not that interested in other peoples lives, my hopes for a new pup have been dashed and frankly I can only spend that many hours a day cooking and cleaning.
Oh yeah, and the worst one, no hatching !!!!
Curious what happened to dash your new-pup-hope? Me too - breeder in Chatham sold my pre-paid pup "by mistake" to someone else who paid more! Refunded my money, but no pup for me! Had the food, gear bought. Can't find pups anywhere now for under$2K and scamming galore.

spuddog59
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by spuddog59 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:29 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:28 pm
I am seeing a lot of similarities between SARS 2.0 and avian Infectious Bronchitis, which is also a Coronavirus. I sincerely hope I'm just a crazy chicken lady, and seeing correlations where none exist...not because I think they're the same thing (they are NOT) but if the novel coronavirus behaves in any way similar (and so far, it IS) then there will be damage beyond the initial infection. IB is persistent. It can be reactivated during times of physical or emotional stress. As if potential repeated bouts of pneumonia aren't bad enough, IB does not stay limited to the respiratory system, and indeed often the only way to know that a chicken is a carrier is when they develop reproductive or kidney disease.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/303 ... 9fTZ7BHZ7E
Ahead of your time with this one!

spuddog59
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by spuddog59 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Happy wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:02 am
Well I have been back to work since last Monday. We have been filling and shipping on-line orders and preparing the store for re-opening. While shipping I am alone in an office wearing gloves and mask.
Theres a lot to be done that I'm sure most people wouldn't think of. All of the clothing fixtures need to be realigned and aisles widened to support social distancing. This has caused us to remove some fixtures from the sales floor which in turn means re-merchandising product. Plexi installed. Quarantine areas set up and training completed. All returned product will need to be immediately sealed and quarantined for 72 hours before going back out for sale. Disinfectant stations have been created...fitting rooms will remain closed for now. Any deliveries coming into the store need to be disinfected upon arrival. We have been advised to expect line-ups of people returning items that they have ordered on-line of the past couple of months. Our location will not be ready to open on Tuesday so Thursday is the goal. Our plexi is delayed. I'm not looking forward to peopling again. Yesterday we were taking a quick break and visit in front of the store and a gentleman walked over to us and I backed away in order to maintain distance from him because he obviously wasn't concerned about it. He asked if we were open. No, probably Thursday. THURSDAY? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN TUESDAY!!! We won't have all of our precautions in place by Tuesday. OH....SO WILL EVERYTHING BE 1/2 PRICE? HA HA HA
Ugh. If I make it through the next few weeks without being fired for throwing something at a customer's head it will be a miracle.
I read the last line too fast as 'throwing a customer's head'...lol...great visual...still giggling!

spuddog59
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by spuddog59 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:00 pm

ross wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:26 pm
Hope don’t offend anybody but statement about sterilizing masks KB & reusing brought back a memory from motherinlaw ‘s story in mid 40s war time where rubber would be hard to come by cause rationed for war effort so condoms were flushed & turned inside out on broomstick , left to dry & reused . That’s how they got name of rubbers , I think
WOW!!! Wonder who got that great job... Good thing they didn't end up being called 'broom splinters" lol!!

spuddog59
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by spuddog59 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:03 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:16 pm
WLLady wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:01 am

The other that makes me fear for humanity is: 5G towers are reactivating a virus inside us-that one almost made me cry out of losing hope for humanity. Who ARE these people? HOW has natural selection not naturally selected them yet??! And HOW on earth do they come up with this stuff? I mean, these people have such wonderful imaginations they could make serious money making movies, or writing science fiction novels! and they're wasting their talents by burning down 5G towers in europe????

I have unfortunately had some interactions with people who believe this. Hounding me "to do my research" :rofl: roflmbo . I have come to the conclusion that they are, all of them, undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenics or are smoking wayyyy too much cannabis, or a bit of both.
Am seeing a lot of proof that weed should not have been made legal for everyone...

spuddog59
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by spuddog59 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:07 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:06 pm
in the US
CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 39 million flu illnesses, 410,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 deaths from flu.
COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*†

Total cases: 492,416
Total deaths: 18,559
Jurisdictions reporting cases: 55 (50 states, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)

* Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020, with the exception of testing results for persons repatriated to the United States from Wuhan, China and Japan. State and local public health departments are now testing and publicly reporting their cases. In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date.

† Numbers updated Saturday and Sunday are not confirmed by state and territorial health departments. These numbers will be modified when numbers are updated on Monday.

From the CDC site
Also: "flu season" started Oct. 2019. Covid started ?Dec-Feb 2019/2020.

Return to “Around the Waterer”