Good Morning!

General discussion forum.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:53 am

Oh happy day! The Catherine is coming home. Been gone for over a week at her mom's. The dowager duchess is 87, and has some health problems. Maybe getting a little fuzzy? We are not sure if she will be able to continue living in her own home alone long term. Anyway, pleased that the wonderful won is coming home. I am going to do the dishes and have a bath, change my underwear, thats how amped I am. V=IR, and the I is going way up. Hope the R doesnt get too high or might burn a fuse.

Getting about ten eggs a day. Nobody broody. Working the garden. Taking care of my second best friends, the goats and dogs. They are fine and all, but not a replacement for St Catherine.

And I see that WarmWackyWoof is active again. I was starting to worry about her, but seems she is her normal self again. Which of course, like the rest of us here, is completely abnormal for most of the twenty first century world.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri May 15, 2020 8:08 am

Not enough rain here to water the garden, figures I just put the seeds in expecting Mother Nature to provide, but she is possibly MIA or just plain peeved at us and who can blame her.
Found second tick in the house about the size of a small raising (disgusting things, possibly why not fond of raisings) and looked dead.
Not sure who brought it in and where it got it's feed :-(
Back to building a fence, which will make it a third possibly fourth fence here, nobody getting close to me if I can help it ;)
Have a safe one

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Fri May 15, 2020 3:53 pm

we sure got rain. about 1.5 or1.75 inches of it. dog is somewhat better. at least she is testing again....and playing with the vacuum cleaner when i get close.so thats looking up. 5 ducklings doing great. my hatching abilities in the incubator wiyh them not so much. looks like another batch drowned at lockdown. so. dry hatch next time. i had barely any water in there this time.oh well. 2 new baby ameraucanas and 5 more turkeys....

looks like our cherry blossoms survived the snow and cold! somehow. plums just blooming now. need to get the lettuce planted before it takes over the greenhouse. and the broccoli and cauliflower.but its raining and i am a wuss.

dh printed me a mealworm container holder that hangs on the electric fence post and its working amazing. bluebirds in it all day.
20200514_102625.jpg
nice to see.
alright..beehives coming tomorrow. yay!!!.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Sat May 16, 2020 2:28 pm

My Cardinals have disappeared, hen is off the nest and eggs are gone. Dam predators

Blizblaz
On the Roost

Post by Blizblaz » Tue May 19, 2020 6:01 pm

The rhubarb I planted last year is making an appearance! I thought for sure it was gone, since pretty much as soon as it was planted, it turned brown and shrivelled up. But now there are some leaves coming up on both plants.
I’ve seen a few wild strawberry flowers coming up, so that’s exciting, too!
And the black flies have started...

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Tue May 19, 2020 9:05 pm

My rhubarb fooled me. This is the first year that I can pick some after moving it into the vegetable garden.So I went out to check on it, and it was about ready to bolt in one spot. The stalks and leaves are so low and almost horizontal, that I thought it wasn't ready yet. Better pick some tomorrow!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 am

Did somebody order summer?
31A740AC-871A-483D-8C04-3294EE7A2E96.png
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 pm

I guess we knew it was going to arrive with a vengeance, but boy, Black flies and mosquitoes out in full force.
First grass cutting only tickled the dandelions, not that I mind them, violets and wild strawberries everywhere quite beautiful.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu May 21, 2020 2:46 pm

WARNING - RANT I am not surprised people lose it with Authority!
Ok so how is this for stupidity. There are a few spots we can get the canoe in OK and leave the vehicle safely parked. All fine until today. Ontario Parks opened Friday with the suggestion of stay close to home. Now the Rideau Valley Conservation AReas have their launches open too. Retail is opening up. DH goes down to Buttville yesterday to pick up supplies and notices that Parks and trails that were open before are now blocked off with barriers. We go out this am with canoe to the Rideau. Places that were OK before are now Closed until further notice! These are not exactly high traffic so WTF. It would be good if all levels could get their act together so you actually know what you can do. Our very local spot is now closed because someone said that cars were parked too close together and won't reopen. We ended up going to another spot that maybe they've missed so far and going in. Great morning and saw black terns, lovely birds.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri May 22, 2020 11:21 am

Good morning,
It's going to be a hot one in EO today, watered the garden, everything I put in there is up except for beans, hope nobody dug them out
Felt very accomplished yesterday, did my grocery shopping online, while selling hens on Kijiji, yes, at the same time :)
I think I will take a page out of "Shopify" book and go in to a life of online by default, turns out that avoiding people is not a big stretch for me as long as there are some animals around me ;)

Return to “Around the Waterer”