Trying to cut back

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Trying to cut back

Post by Shnookie » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:11 am

I've been trying to cut back on my pets, so tomorrow I am picking up a new lovebird. It's possible I will have to take her to the old folks home with me because she is only 1 or 2 years old. :)
girl.jpg
girl2.jpg

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Trying to cut back

Post by kenya » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:24 am

Very pretty, but I don't think that's cutting back. Seems to me that's adding to your pets. LOL
Now you will have to find a mate, you know just to keep it happy, not to keep you happy, No No No it's for the health of the bird :pop:

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Yes, it's adding to my pets but I'm sure Peep will be happy (unless she's nasty and I have to keep them separated). He's been alone for a long time. I gave him a mirror to cuddle up with, but it's not the same. She is not very tame they say. I will keep them apart for quarantine and so I can get her used to me.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:05 am

I picked up the new girl yesterday. I think she's pretty and she makes an interesting variety of noises. She's a lot more active than Peep. I hope he's not getting too old to enjoy having company. She's making most of the noise.

Here's her story.
The lady who put the ad on Kijiji has a 13 year old daughter. A friend of the daughter had 2 lovebirds. One of the lovebirds died. She lost interest in them (don't know if it was before or after one died) and was neglecting the one I have. Her family was going to "euthanize" the bird. The lady who put the ad in took the bird in to keep that from happening. She said the bird was in a filthy cage with feathers missing and was picking at herself. She kept her for a month or so, but could not keep her permanently as her landlord wouldn't allow it. She said the lovebird is friendly, but not really tame. She doesn't know what her name was. For some reason she likes Crystal, so I guess that's her name.

She is in good condition now and comes over to see me when I walk up to the cage. I think she'll be fun. The cage came with her. Now I have 3 extra bird cages to sell.
IMG_1682.JPG
IMG_1683.JPG

Kbr42
Head Chicken

Post by Kbr42 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:11 am

She's very pretty!

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 am

Well and here I thought you would have to get another but she just makes a friend for your other lovebird. Nice you could give her a good home.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:26 pm

Lucky little bird!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Tweety Birds/Caged Bird Discussion”