Post by Kbr42 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:54 am

Hang in there! There is a way out!

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:36 am

Glad you are surviving @windwalkingwolf
On the subject of quitting smoking, in the last maybe 15 years it has come up on regular bases...
"I am so glad we quit smoking" for various reasons, but mainly healing of whatever c.r.a.p. may happen in the rest of your life, you will remember this.
Broken bones, dental adventures, and any number of other misfortunes, the nonsmoker always fares better.
I would like to add it simply never crossed my mind when we were quitting.

I know you are not looking for advice, if only life was that simple, but the old saying
"you can't change somebody else, you can only change your own behavior", when given a real thought sometime helps in very unexpected ways.
Thank Dog we have the animals, to help us deal with people. :grouphug:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:01 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:42 am

I can't be "normal". I've never BEEN "normal",
I am addicted to my birds. I need to refocus on that. They aren't going anywhere. I love this board, and the friends I've made on it.
Tough go for you. Lots of platitudes I think of, all really cute and lame. But, thank you for tell in the rest of us un normal bird and animal addicted ones about it.

Glad you are back sort of.

And yeah, throw the bum out.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Problem with dealing with a parent (and I know) is they can be really good at handing out guilt trips. It isn't always that easy. But I agree on kicking him out.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Jan what is normal , really .
You already know what you have to do . Just decide when . Sounds like sooner the better . 💝
Attachments
A17AF204-FABF-4CA1-97D4-FF76E3716A66.png
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:14 pm

@windwalkingwolf, seeing you back is a big step in the right direction. I think I speak for all your PTO friends when I say that you've been missed.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:49 pm

Sending positive thoughts Jan... you will come out of this stronger than ever.
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:06 am

Jan! glad you checked in! I'll save the cliche advice. All the best, Ole Buddy Bert
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:46 am

And a good Thursday morning. Crisp and sunny and windy. I decided to not go to the orchard today. I froze the finger tips on my R hand years ago and the cold really seems to get to them, and I don have to, so I am not. I worked on a rig about 1971, and it was 52 below at 8 am, warmed up to -48 daytime. Zero wind, which allowed us to work. Ah, the good old days.

I was asked how my mom is doing. She had a breast removed Dec 1 or so, as some of you will remember. They think they got it all, but she says whatever, no chemo, no radiation and no more knife, whatever the case. She is doing really well. Never had any pain that she didn't handle without drugs, which amazes me. She is 90, but they did a physiological age on her, and the doc says she has the body of a 68 yr old. She complains about being tired all the time, but is back to making bread etc. Just ordered garden seeds for the spring. Her biggest problem is probably not sleeping some times, then has a rough day. Got prescribed sleeping pills, complains bitterly but takes one about one day out of three. She is thoroughly put out that my niece is coming in one day a week and doing vacuuming, helps with laundry etc. Mom figures it shows character weakness letting someone else do for you. I told her just to accept that she is not perfect and let it happen.

Way I see it, my mother will be alive til the day she dies, and not all on this earth are able to do that. Go for it lady!
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:48 am

Way to go @Farrier1987 s Mum!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”