Good Morning!

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:54 am

If I disappear it's because our internet is in and out and the phone OUT! SNotty bugger at Bell has us down for Wednesday now after we hung around all day yesterday waiting for the Tech who was "on his way".
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:32 am

That's mostly why we left Bell. Xplorenet phone is about 1/4 the price and in two years, it has been out maybe twice, and reasonably quick service and restore with polite people. Bell had you talk to people in the Philipines that had no clue about our reality and were some times hard to understand.

I think it mostly traces back to the monopoly days. What Bell was good at was sending out bills and making sure they got paid. Getting it working well or being polite was of secondary importance.

Xplorenet has not paid me yet for this small piece of advertising, but they should.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 am

Agree Farrier. I am "Bell-less" as of the last 6 months and will not go back to them unless significant changes happen. I've also finally sorted out our internet and went with xplorenet and so far so good.

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:36 pm

We got 2.5 inches this past weekend... and this is a road at Spencer Creek just around the corner from us. I actually pick up kids on this road... course, I won't be getting them for a couple days.
bridge on middletown.jpg
Looking into the distance, would be #8 hwy.. road I live on. You can see after the water, if you can see... is the actual bridge... its snow covered. Not covered by water. This is all before the bridge on the pavement and sides of road... and there are steep banks on each side of the road.

Weird weather.

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:34 pm

Good evening, been a couple busy days here. Tuesday was my last day teaching so I could have a couple days off to get organized before my bypass surgery scheduled for January 21st. Kind of crappy timing as I had to write my course exams and calculate pre-exam marks to pass on to my replacement teacher.

Yesterday afternoon I had my pre-operation meeting with the nursing staff and anesthesiologist and my last set of pre-op tests in preparation for my surgery on Tuesday!!!! and I received my instructions on what I had to do to prep in the next few days for my surgery. The hospital staff also went over numerous times the importance of not lifting anything over 5-10 pounds for a solid 8 weeks after surgery. :(

Today I spent a bunch of time catching my flock of BC marans and Legbar chickens, boxing them up and delivering them to a couple friends' who are going to keep them for me for the next couple months.

I was suppose to go to Toronto this weekend for my oldest daughter's volleyball tournament but my youngest daughter has been sick, so I stayed home with her, so that was unfortunate.

Then the big disappointment of the day at around 5:30 pm received a call from the Ottawa Heart Institute... my surgery has been bumped back until February 6th. :( Oh well I have been waiting since the end of September for surgery, a couple more weeks waiting won't kill me, hopefully.

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Oh bummer! At least it's not too far away but tough when it was so close.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:22 pm

The same thing happened to my Dad, @JimW ... his surgery got bumped twice because of emergency cases. It happens sometimes. The first time he was already checked in first thing in the morning and two hours later they told him he had to be rescheduled.
On the bright side, you're prepared ahead of time, and this gives you a little more time to take care of loose ends you hadn't thought of because they weren't as high a priority. I hope it all goes well for you when the time comes.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:09 am

Thanks @Jaye
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:06 am

Its a hunker down morning here. Blowing snow, and a half hour of freezing rain went by and now more snow. Not going to town or anywhere, just lay about, like the chickens. Put the goats and the horse in the barn last night at the behest of St Catherine of the Overcautious Worrry. Woulda been fine outside with the shelter and all, but it keeps peace in the family too. Retrospect says it was a good move.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:09 am

Old saying “a smart man knows when to pick his fights “👍🤠
Last edited by ross on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Around the Waterer”