Blucote

Forum rules
Any advice in this section should not be taken to overrule advice by a certified licensed veterinarian. You should always consult a veterinarian for treatment or diagnoses of animal disease or injury. The information in this thread is simply the experience of board members and is not to be taken as a substitution for veterinary advice or treatment.
TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Blucote

Post by TomK » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:59 am

ross wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:30 am
As always Jan , a pleasure to read . 🤠🤠🐐
Hell, i am soooo worried Jan will stop writing... roflmbo
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:06 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:40 am
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4396813/
The W.H.O. also thinks eating red meat may be as bad for you as smoking. Some of their recommendations and pronouncements I take with a lot of salt. My oldest son once got oral thrush as a baby, and another time got a horribly painful yeasty diaper area rash. I treated both with gentian violet for three days. Problems solved, and still no cancer twenty nine years later. Who the :sSig_censored: paints gross, staining, purple goo on an infection for SIX MONTHS???
You know what DOES cause cancer? Literally everything. Anything and everything that you use, do, or consume in excess causes irritation and inflammation, and cancer can result. The oxygen you breathe is *gasp* an oxidant! It not only gives you life, it kills you as well. If the oxygen concentration is too high, or you like to chronically hyperventilate for some reason, no amount of hard-to-pronounce berries will help you, and will probably cause cancer as well because you're eating so damn much of them.
If you don't want to (or can't) read the above link, part of it says that there are studies that show that gentian violet has anti-tumour
and anti-angiogenesis properties, meaning it inhibits the creation of new blood vessels to feed tumours. Or fix your clogged heart, but that's a different can of worms altogether. If you're concerned about clogged arteries, don't consume gentian violet before your morning run when you're trying to grow collateral arteries to bypass a clog. It's really not that hard, but then again, we are a society that has to be told, frequently and loudly, that our coffee is hot and not to drive with it in our lap.
So, another effective and inexpensive remedy has been recommended to be taken off the market by some desk jockeys at Health Canada, so you will have to pay $$$ for nystatin or clotrimidazole or whatever. Meanwhile, I can still freely eat a hundred hot dogs or "beyond meat" burgers or chicken nuggets or greens and berries covered in feces from humans that have consumed every sketchy drug on the planet...every day if I wish. :sSig_censored: :cow: poop
As @ross says, "everything in moderation, including moderation". I for one am getting really tired of being told what I can and can't do with my animals and with my own body. I say "getting" tired, but I never really accepted people forcing their opinions on me to begin with. And this, to me, smacks of opinion and not fact.
And another thing...!!!! :laugh:
Thank you Jan, I needed that :coolguy:
Have you considered career as a motivational speaker, I always feel motivated after reading your post ;)

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:19 am

Love your posts Jan.....keep them coming🤣

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:05 pm

Yes WWW needs to be on a committee to that brings common sense to the table.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:16 pm

There are lots of food dyes that cause cancer. They still let them be put in food and we eat them.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:02 pm

@Shnookie and in our drugs! I had to make sure that my levothyroxine doesn't have tartrazine because some brands do!
OK so I went into TSC this am and I can still get Blue liquid which is methyl violet + antiseptic. I snagged one because I had used up a lot of BluKote on a picked on turkey hen that looked at risk for fly strike. This has a dabber applicator.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 am

:oops: Aw shucks, thanks guys. But @kenya , I don't know how much common sense I have...when I was a child, I used to paint myself with Mercurochrome (merbromin). Not just a little dab on boo-boos, I thought the colour was pretty and my sisters and myself would cover ourselves with bright orange drawings. So everytime I write, it may just be mercury poisoning talking LOL. If we had had Blu-Kote in the house on a regular basis, I probably would have been perpetually orange AND blue :lol:

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:34 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 am
:oops: Aw shucks, thanks guys. But @kenya , I don't know how much common sense I have...when I was a child, I used to paint myself with Mercurochrome (merbromin). Not just a little dab on boo-boos, I thought the colour was pretty and my sisters and myself would cover ourselves with bright orange drawings. So everytime I write, it may just be mercury poisoning talking LOL. If we had had Blu-Kote in the house on a regular basis, I probably would have been perpetually orange AND blue :lol:
Hahaha...that mercurochrome was sooo popular cuz it was kinda painless on an open wound and the option was iodine..my mom didn't trust the new fangled pinky orangey stuff and had a grand history with iodine which, by the way, stung like the dickens on a new cut or abrasion....so iodine it was...cant say my pain threshhold was moved much...i still wince at the memory... :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Interesting about the iodine TomK. I too suffered greatly from that. My father was in Palestine during WW2 where (according to him) cuts became sceptic fast in the heat. As a kid, if I ever had a cut or a graze, iodine it was - ouch!

Epona
Starting to Crow

Post by Epona » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:16 pm

Geee....my right hand has quite a few splashes of blue on it right now.....can’t believe they are doing this...#@093:@“310....opps my right hand just fell off....don’t type so good left handed 😆 🤣 🤣

Return to “Health”