New cat

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Re: New cat

Post by Shnookie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:14 pm

His eyes are a pretty green. I also think of a moustache when I look at him - more because he has long whiskers. I was thinking Tom Selleck maybe. Right now he talks a lot. I don't know if he will stop when he is more comfortable here.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am

No name yet, but I think he will fit in ok. When he first came he was hissing at me and acting shy, hiding in his cat house. The hissing was from insecurity, not aggression. Yesterday he came out of his house. He's eating well and coming to me for pets and scratching. His coat is quite soft. No more hissing and less meowing. So far so good. He will not be able to be with my other cats until he goes to the vet for shots, etc., but he can see them from where he is penned. They are fine with him where he is, and he seemed to be more concerned about me than the cats. I will be introducing them slowly anyway. :)

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:53 am

Very pleased to hear this!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:27 pm

“PAWS”
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:54 am

That guy looks like he's hiding some serious punk attitude. I would call him Clash or Pistol. And put him on a strict diet, jeez. Congratulations!!

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:14 pm

He's not fat he's fluffy. I checked. He is a big cat, but his coat is cottony and fluffed out. He's very affectionate, and still talks, but not in a whiny way. I like him a lot.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm

When I was grooming him the other day I checked his ears. He has a tattoo from the Regina Humane Society. The girl that I got him from never mentioned it. It occurred to me after I saw this that he might have a microchip. I haven't checked yet. I did send an e-mail to the vet clinic that serves the town he came from. I haven't had a reply yet. Maybe I'll find out what his name is after all.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:42 pm

I had him scanned today at the Humane Society. He has a chip. He was adopted from there as a kitten - his shelter name was Yosemite Sam. They say he is about 4 years old. They could give me the chip number, but nothing else. The shelter will notify the microchip company that the cat has a new owner. The chip company will try to contact the original owner regarding the change of ownership. I will be surprised if they can find him, if what I was told about him is true. Then the microchip company will contact me. I am hoping to find out what vet he has on his record. I don't know if they will tell me or not. The girl I got him from said they called him Sam, but she said he hadn't been responding to it while she had him. I don't care for Sam so will have to think of something else.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:46 pm

How about "Yosemite" then? ;-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Sun May 12, 2019 5:59 pm

His name is Charlie. It took me quite a while to decide. He didn't react to Sam at all. He's a great cat. I like him a lot.

Return to “Furred Friends”