Hello from Perth County!

New to PTO? Want to stop in and say hi and introduce yourself? Here's the place to do it!
Shnookie
Free Ranging

Re: Hello from Perth County!

Post by Shnookie » Sun May 05, 2019 2:04 pm

Hello, and welcome to PTO.

Goosey Gail
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Goosey Gail » Sun May 05, 2019 9:10 pm

I am just south of Stratford and have various birds. Welcome....maybe we can connect soon! I have lots of colourful hatching eggs if you are in need.

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Mon May 06, 2019 6:51 am

Yes Goosey Gail has wonderful birds and a great set up.

amberalora
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by amberalora » Wed May 08, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! You guys are great :drunk: :iheartpto:

Nice to see some other people in my area & from the area Kenya, WLLady, MFrase and GooseyGail! I've only lived here for a few years so always nice to meet locals. Hopefully we can connect and get to know each other. GooseyGail, I don't have an incubator or a broody hen yet but if one of my girls goes broody it would be fun to get some hatching eggs. Do you sell chicks too?

KimChick - Do you have the heifers to milk eventually? What breed are they? Hope you have a good hatch with your eggs!

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed May 08, 2019 8:26 pm

At the moment, our heifers are for breeding only. Their offspring will go into the freezer(s). That is the plan right now, anyway. Due to circumstances, DH missed an opportune time of year to have them inseminated. They are both Hereford-Limousin cross. Maybe a couple more weeks and we'll put them out to the field. They'll be kicking up their heels (literally) along the way!

amberalora
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by amberalora » Wed May 29, 2019 4:23 pm

KimChick wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:26 pm
At the moment, our heifers are for breeding only. Their offspring will go into the freezer(s). That is the plan right now, anyway. Due to circumstances, DH missed an opportune time of year to have them inseminated. They are both Hereford-Limousin cross. Maybe a couple more weeks and we'll put them out to the field. They'll be kicking up their heels (literally) along the way!
That's a nice cross! I love watching them when they first go out on pasture, they have so much fun. Hopefully things have dried up enough that you've been able to get them out!

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed May 29, 2019 8:21 pm

Yes, our cows are out into the pasture now. They did kick up their heels and trot around before settling in. Because of all the rain, the corral was quite mucky, and we didn't want them to develop any hoof problems. It was a good thing the grass in the field was high enough to take their grazing!

Pollo Caballo
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by Pollo Caballo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:42 am

Hello.
As several people have already noted there are several PTO members in your area should you wish to expand your flock!!!
Welcome!

amberalora
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by amberalora » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:20 am

Thanks Pollo Caballo! Cute horse!

Return to “I'm New Here Introductions”