Unnerving.

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Unnerving.

Post by ross » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 am

Sum beech KB ... sounds like inside job to me . Any “lost” strangers recently .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 am

No but they picked a perfect time. We're dead end but the road crews are parking here so a stranger wouldn't be noticed.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:14 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:26 am
Well today just sucks and OC isn't going to like this. It looks like we got robbed last night. We are behind a set of gates and a fence but the gate closure was left up by the "perp". All Vians tools are missing from the back of the van but the birds and house are all OK. He is double checking at work to make sure somebody didn't play idiot for a joke. A lot of the stuff is very identifiable including a $1000 test meter.
Well that's just rude.
Obviously somebody who knew where the goods are.
You must be pretty unsettled by that.
Not to worry about me, not afraid of much.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am

I'm just pissed! It could be personal with some of the things going on here. You are bringing Chance (aka Karma) aren't you?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:19 am

It's kind of scary that they feel comfortable robbing people who are home. In 2014 there were a bunch of vehicle thefts and robberies from farms and acreages all around Regina, as far as 90 minutes out. They started in the fall when farmers were harvesting, and carried on through the winter. It turned out to be people from gangs in Regina. They came out, stole things, then ran back to the city to sell them. The stolen vehicles were often left in the middle of nowhere with someone else's belongings in them. There was a woman driving around out here, going into yards and looking in buildings, doing the scouting during the day. They came out at night to do their dirty work. I caught her in my yard once at noon on a Saturday. She just looked at me and slowly drove away. The back of her car was painted gray to look like it was muddy. The license plate was covered. There were two vehicles with 4 people in my yard one night about 1:00 a.m. I turned on the kitchen light (not recommended), and they left. Having dogs in the house makes me feel safer, but they can't hear vehicles come in when there is snow on the gravel. One night in the winter there was one car in my yard, and the only reason the dog heard them is because they almost got stuck in the snow and were spinning the tires trying to get out. I heard the car too that time. They were trying to back up to my building, but the snow was too deep. Sometimes it pays to not have a completely cleaned out yard in the winter.

The RCMP suggested keeping everything locked and getting surveillance cameras. He said it won't prevent what's happening, but it can help the cops identify the people, and possibly be used as evidence to help get them charged. He also said that you shouldn't do anything to draw attention to yourself, like go outside, or put lights on.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:15 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:26 am
Well today just sucks and OC isn't going to like this. It looks like we got robbed last night. We are behind a set of gates and a fence but the gate closure was left up by the "perp". All Vians tools are missing from the back of the van but the birds and house are all OK. He is double checking at work to make sure somebody didn't play idiot for a joke. A lot of the stuff is very identifiable including a $1000 test meter.
:sSig_censored: :sSig_censored: :sSig_censored: :sSig_censored: I'm so sorry KB! I really hope it was a "joke", but I pity the :sSig_censored: that thinks such things are funny.

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Sounds like someone knew exactly where to go.
We've had the cars around here all broken into, some they used crowbars on. I wasn't home nor was my husband at the time, so no vehicles at our house.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am
I'm just pissed! It could be personal with some of the things going on here. You are bringing Chance (aka Karma) aren't you?
Uncle Charlie AKA
5F54D036-4687-4B4E-A29F-330083843296.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:08 am

Sorry KB, it does sound like they knew exactly what and where to look for the goods! Could be a friend of a friend , that over heard someone talking....you just never know. And your place is pretty private. Hope you both are ok.

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:30 am

What about a burglar alarm with a loud siren?

Return to “Around the Waterer”