Ottawa area auctions.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Re: Ottawa area auctions.

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun May 20, 2018 10:49 pm

If sales started at a reasonable hour, like, 2 PM, I'd probably be in REAL trouble. On the other hand though, I might actually be able to get there early enough to get what I want, and talk to people I know.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon May 21, 2018 8:34 am

To be honest I'd be too scared to bring anything home because there were some kind of iffy looking birds (to my mind). I only bring in birds from places I know personally.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon May 21, 2018 4:57 pm

Actually to be honest I like to go but I don't buy any more, maybe hatching eggs but that is it. I'm not telling anyone else what to do but as for myself I don't buy from auctions anymore. I am enjoying the mutts I have right now and I don't want to flubb that up. Almost every hen decided to hatch and so far I haven't said no to any of them. Guess who is going to sell Easter eggers at Renfrew lol!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Mon May 21, 2018 5:53 pm

yep... Renfrew buy/sell/trade next Sunday. gotta thin out my flock of young birds...the trouble is I'm not sure what is what at this point - two months old: cream legbar; cream legbar/buckeye (aka easter eggers); buckeye/production red, partridge chantecler (easy to spot), and a couple of blue copper marans (only one roo easy to identify).

maybe a couple of goslings; and maybe my bantam RIR's (the roo looks like crap from this winter as he's missing toes and comb from frost damage (but otherwise a good breeder).
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Cliff
On the Roost

Post by Cliff » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:14 am

When is shawville buy sale and trade?
May the god lord take a liking to you...

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Cliff I heard they had one at the end of June. I don't think there is another one until September. Sometimes they have one in the summer but I can't find any information on it.
They have a bird and rabbit show at the fair usually first weekend of September.

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”