My Nest boxes... show us yours....

Have a cool plan for a coop? Or new roost designs? Or you simply want to show off your new building.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue May 17, 2016 9:03 am

Poultryprincess wrote:QR_BBPOST Ontario Chick ! I Really like your pen setup....but how the heck do you get the birds out of there?
It looks deeper than "arm reach" so if you have to move the flock, how do you get them all out ?
I don't want you to think I am ignoring your question, but not sure what you are seeing?
"Upstairs" brooder chicks up to about 3 weeks, most will come to be picked up, the stragglers can be scooped up with a small piece of cardboard...
Barn brooder chicks 2.jpg
"Downstairs" for grow out chicks door on left leads to outside run...
Barn cage used as a grow out pen.jpg

pipes
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by pipes » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:14 am

Keesha63 wrote:QR_BBPOST
JimW wrote:QR_BBPOST Keesha63 awesome coop, what do you have on your poop boards?
The covering on the poop boards is this plastic panel stuff...can't remember the name of it. It looks like corrugated cardboard but made of plastic? Sold in 4x8 sheets for about $30. This is it in white (comes in many colors). For the poop boards I just use a plastic drywall mud scraper thingy and slide it into a bucket. In the winter it just pops off when it's frozen...so satisfying lol. I also use it cut in strips around the bottom of cages inside to keep shavings in. image.jpegimage.jpeg
The plastic corrugated panels come free at election time. Then you can let the girls add their election promises to thoes of the candidates. ;)
I'm not saying get rid of the stupid people, I'm saying do away with the warning labels and let the problem work its self out.

foal0069
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: My Nest boxes... show us yours....

Post by foal0069 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:31 pm

I know it,s been a while but have a couple of questions if you don't mind. How big is your barn. I'm thinking of building a new coop but want to keep it under a certain size but put a small hayloft on to for storing feed etc.
Also your nest boxes, I got the size but was wondering the thickness of your plywood, do you think it was 1/2 in or thicker?
Thanks

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: My Nest boxes... show us yours....

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Not sure if the question was for me or the other posters on this thread, but here goes mine.
Main Barn with hayloft 12' x 20' the Lean to 10' x 22' it overlaps at the back of the barn
There is a 10'x12' addition at the back of the Lean to, because you know...chicken math ;)
The nest boxes are 1/2" plywood or sometime whatever was handy, but you don't want them too heavy.
Barn March 2018.jpg

Return to “Coop Designs and Building Plans”