Good Morning! <=2017

General discussion forum.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Good Morning!

Post by WLLady » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:53 am

viewforum.php?f=94 for photo submissions....same place and before, just put in your topic that it's for september (makes it easier for us to sort through and find them).

well, rain today! yay! we desperately need it. the last inch we got about a week ago really helped the beans a lot....but we are dry....dry dry.
martin's daughter arrives from germany in a few days! should be fun. birds on the move this weekend, processing weekend for extra cockerels too. turkeys are sitting AGAIN....and 2 of the older girls have a couple babies....they had 3, killed one stepping on it....go figure. the other 2 are doing well still.

got some new exercises from physio. no pain no gain right? LOL. well, i should be gaining fast! ha ha. funny how they can find all the things i can't do, and try to get me to do them. it's all good.
hope everyone has a great day! Jim the fish look amazing. if you don't mind me asking-what the name of the charter? we may be looking for a trip when hubby's daughter is visiting....maybe. undecided yet, but would rather use someone we have at least heard of before!
can't wait for vacation, then i can do some fishing and swimming and relaxing and not worry about work stuff. have a great day everyone!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 am

Well that was quite the night for Donner und Blitzen! Solid storms from 11:00pm through to 5:00am. Very strong and frequent. And this mornings fun was banding the turkey poults. The people that at getting some males should be very happy because at even 10 weeks the breast is starting to broaden out and they look very nice. Good job there are a lot of boys! Retired to the shower at once and threw the T-shirt away, am now dressing the wounds from the sharp claws!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:24 am

Ouch! Where did you get the bands from? I just need a few as a friend is going to board my chickens for the winter and may put them in with her flock.

That/those storms were something else last night! I don't feel as if I got a wink of sleep!!!!!

Linda

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:56 am

They come from Ketchum and I use wing bands but you need a special plier. Here is the website you should find something of use. Also some of the feed stores have leg bands just be careful with the spiral ones they can dig into the foot and injure the bird.
http://www.ketchum.ca/category/poultry
Mutt chickens for eggs

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:59 am

Thanks very much KB :)

Linda

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 pm

OK so storms rolling through again. I rushed out to round up birds when it really hit. Don't read the next bit if you're squeamish! I had rushed out in only a T-shirt and underwear. Got the birds inside and DH finally realised I was missing. He brought me out my slicker and found me sitting, wet through on a roost in one of the coops with the birds thinking I'd gone bonkers!
Mutt chickens for eggs

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:07 pm

There's a pic I'll never get rid of . Haha Gill neither will the birds either . ☔️☔️
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:10 am

Went out to check around this am. The back wall of the shed torn off (plastic one, no biggie) but a heavy wood and plastic cover on the babies coop had been lifted off, missed their coop thank goodness and been lifted clean over the fence into the turkey paddock, missed another 6ft tall coop and dumped about 100ft away. I heard rushing and banging noises when I was inside the coop last night. HOWEVER at the time this happened environment Canada has the winds recorded at around 24km/hr max. I am <1km from the weather station!
Mutt chickens for eggs

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:22 am

I'm glad you are OK!
Sounds like environment Canada needs to calibrate their sensor ....
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:58 am

Could have been a straight wind...we get those here sometimes and its quiet a km away and havoc here!!! We have had straight winds bring down hydro poles and rip out fence posts and break trees off. Theyre impressive....like tornados without the spinning part. Sound like a roaring that just gets louder and louder! I am glad everyone is okay.
The weather cleared up here last night amazingly and we saw shooting stars! Not the number all over the news but 16 or so in a couple hours. Nice big ones too

Just saw the announcement....photo contest coming up!!! Gotta get a pic in....hm....
Gotta take one first. Gotta charge the phone first. Becoming a but-first project lol
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Around the Waterer”