Not qualified to raise chickens anymore .

Warning!!!! May contain mild language and off-colour humour. Please try to keep it clean and for all age groups folks.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Not qualified to raise chickens anymore .

Post by ross » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm still laughing 😂😂😂😂
Attachments
image.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Silverlacedmom
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Not qualified to raise chickens anymore .

Post by Silverlacedmom » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Thats great...LOL! But I am guilty of some of the things he listed...I call my males Roos...Its just cute, sorry! And I have taken so many pictures of my chickens because THEY ARE SO DARN CUTE!!!!!! Hehehe....

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:49 pm

OK I've done the online hatch along thing!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:00 am

:rofl: :rofl:
I have to admit, I also once participated in a hatch-a-long. I can't remember what the special occasion was, I think it might have been Groundhog Day :jumpy: :HappyDance:
:rofl: :rofl:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:48 am

I am going to be a devils advocate for a moment here ;)
I read the article few years ago and although I agree with ross on pretty much everything, I was having a bit of trouble finding humor in the it, just seemed like a pretty unhappy person, that attitude of THEM ( the silly people) and US (those who are so much superior) appears in almost any hobby, but poultry hobby shrinking the way it does can use all the help it can get and a little girl putting a scarf on her hen (who by the way must be used to being handled) may be just as valuable as the "show person" and may one day beat the "superior person at the show.
Just saying...... :)

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:25 pm

i think every hobby changes depending on the people in it. and who am i do diss someone for dressing their chicken up in a most ugly christmas sweater and make it wear a diaper? LOL. okay, i never understood the clothing for animals (any animals, not just chickens) thing. i think OC has a point, poultry hobby is seriously waning....and supporting the newbies needs to be.....
i have to admit that i was asked this morning by someone if my chickens have sweaters when it gets cold because won't they be cold in the winter and i laughed out loud and explained that chickens have down....and well.....they don't need sweaters. it's part of projecting "human emotion" onto animals....and that part of society i will never understand. like paying 1000$ for a pair of chickens. they're chickens! but if i saw a pair of chickens that i really liked and someone had that price tag on them i would probably just figure out how the breed came to be in the first place and then just make it again...LOL. if someone wants to dress up their chickens, as long as no chickens are harmed, then i'm happy to let them go and do, at least they're interested in chickens! doesn't mean i'll follow suit.....and i might shake my head a bit.....i hope the article was written in fun as opposed to depression, but it's hard to tell.....for me though, i will continue to do what i do! without the chicken clothing....except the odd bandage for bumblefoot. and i do call my roosters "roo", although most are just "buddy" now....and the hens and pullets are "hunny". i guess technically it's "cock" but that can get you stuck in the spam filter on the internet....so i use roo, plus it's 1 letter shorter for typing. LOL
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Quess it's my sense a humour but lm laughing at his reasonings tongue in cheek or other . We've been down the road with "Roos" on this forum before & yu know where that went . Have fun & when it's not fun anymore time to leave no matter what is the reason , I always say . Luck

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Well I think Roos is just the short form for rooster and with our society now everything is shortened to make texting and typing easier or faster.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:14 pm

I thought it was short for Kangaroo . Go figure .
Whatever floats your boat . lol .

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Guilty as charged and I don't care who knows it lol!
Personally I say whatever floats your boat.
IMG_0129.JPG

Return to “Humour”