Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

OPB show

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Any info yet?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

modern17
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Re: OPB show

Post by modern17 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:09 pm

KB
We will be publishing and distributing the catalogue next week ( Just waiting for a few things to come together ) ... lots in the works ... What I can tell you is .. The Host hotel is the same and we have a block of rooms reserved.. ( Casablanca Winery Inn.. 877-446-5746 ) and our preferred rate is in place until September 20 then the price goes up.Let them know you are with the Ontario Poultry Breeders for this rate $119 per night..... ( don't delay ) we will have our annual social get together on the Friday night in the hotel restaurant bar and grill area ... Entries close on Sept 30 ...once again do not delay .. Entries are $3 per bird..We have several top quality birds and poultry related articles acquired for our Fundraising auction ( many birds from top breeders in the USA and Canada will be up for auction ) ... as well as many other great things to see do and take part in... as soon as the catalogue is complete I will post a copy on PTO ... We are expecting a great turn out as always with our shows usually gathering 1200 plus birds annually .. with much talk of several from Western Canada and a big group from Eastern Canada coming to the show to exhibit ( and possibly sell birds) ... not to mention several from the USA are talking about attending with birds. We have the Brahma National ( all of North America) as well as the Western Modern Game National ... also as many other breed club meets including the District meet for APA and the Provincial for ABA ... hope to see many of you there ... ! Stay tuned for more info next week .... Troy

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Excellent! I will try to persuade some of my turkeys NOT to moult in October LOL!
Mutt chickens for eggs

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 am

I'm going to do my damnedest to actually go this year. Just as a spectator! I'm reasonably convinced I do NOT have the personality to show my birds, or that theyre competitive quality in the first place; but in case I ever change my mind, I need to know what I'll be up against :D

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 am

I'm terrified but even a DQ is useful information. There's no way I can wash the turkeys I just hope I have some in decent condition. I will also be deaf by the time I get there with them chatting away constantly. The show is awesome and worth going to for the birds. LOVED the serama tabletop show too, hope there's one this year. My bird sitter is booked!
Mutt chickens for eggs

modern17
Starting to Crow

Post by modern17 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:22 am

I know I am bias .. but .. we do our utmost to put on the best show in Canada year in year out..Our crew of 4 organizers plus the workforce of the Niagara Fanciers Club.. aim high every year. We hope many from this site attend.. even as a spectator lots to be seen and learned. I applaud KB 's attitude... as she mentioned a DQ is useful information... It happens to the best of us ... even a seasoned veteran like me.. lol... secret is to learn from these situations . Stay tuned for more on the show as it becomes available
TL

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:37 am

What is the date of the show? Location?
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:39 am

RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:56 am

JimW wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:37 am
What is the date of the show? Location?
windwalkingwolf wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 am
I'm going to do my damnedest to actually go this year. Just as a spectator! I'm reasonably convinced I do NOT have the personality to show my birds, or that theyre competitive quality in the first place; but in case I ever change my mind, I need to know what I'll be up against :D
Killerbunny wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:13 pm
Excellent! I will try to persuade some of my turkeys NOT to moult in October LOL!
Perhaps renting a bus would work:)
Wonder how tour bus companies feen about chickens and turkeys as passengers, can't be any worse the a bunch of ten year olds

modern17
Starting to Crow

Post by modern17 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Yes October 21,2017 ..Location is West Niagara Fairgrounds ... the address is 7402 Mud Street Grassie Ontario ( just up the hill out of Grimsby ON .. more details out next week
TL

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”