Allergies and quail eggs? A possible cure!

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:46 pm

baronrenfrew wrote:QR_BBPOST And here's a serious study http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10 ... e111f21239

https://pachealth.co.nz/Shop/ProductMan ... x?id=25267

I spent the last two hours digging through google (with one eye on the Blue Jays game). There's two "Allergy releif" products, one from Europe and one from Australia, that are made from quail eggs. They say to consume 3-5 eggs a day, raw (or mixed w orange juice) for releif from a long list of allergies and other health problems. Looks legit. I better get my pens set up!
The first link doesn't work for me, error 403 access is forbidden. Any links to some credible research? product ads don't count :D And, is it only coturnix quail?

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:23 am

goatgal35 wrote:QR_BBPOST I suffer with multiple allergies. I did the five years of needles and it really helped. I felt like I had my life back for about 7yrs. Three years ago the symptoms started to return. This year I started egging coturnix eggs and I have been mostly symptom free. I don't feel like I am far enough into this experiment to know if the eggs helped or the drought helped. Dead plants don't give off much pollen :) Quail are cute and super easy to care for so I'm gonna keep on eating the eggs and see if I get good results next year.
Raw eggs or cooked?

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

Post by goatgal35 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:26 am

Cooked mostly. Scrambled, fried dunking eggs, deviled and pickled. The Grandkids love it cause they are cute and tiny. Raw in eggnog.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Post by thegawd » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:41 am

Coturnix are the only quail that are really production egg layers of decent sized eggs year round. I have no idea if the other species carry the same health benefits or not but generally those eggs are worth a lot more HAHA. I did have a small flock of bobwhites and they layed reasonable well but I didn't keep them long, not having a gamebird license they all went on the grill. bobwhites, even the fancy ones as far as I can tell require a gambird license, I had snowflakes?
Al

Home Grown Poultry

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:40 pm

I've decided to get some at the fur and feather sale mount forest, should I get a male? I thought I'd get 3 females. I only have a rabbit cage at this point to keep them and I understand the males can be quite aggressive with the females. Eventually I will have a bigger pen.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Www: here's the doc's research http://www.ovogenics.eu/page/9-jc-truffier.html ; i assume you read French. Here's the blog of the couple who moved to France and have done a lot to bring this to light https://holistic-hen.blogspot.ca/2016/0 ... c.html?m=1

Sue, the lady with the blog, has done a lot of additional research and it appears that its only coturnix quail eggs. They lay a lot more eggs than other quails anyway. I use a paring knife and cut the eggs open, and there's a guy on Kijiji Toronto advertising "egg scissors."
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Kenya you dont need a male at all unless you want to breed them and they would be perfectly fine in a rabbit cage on shavings... but they will make a mess with the shavings but they are just having fun.

I have a pair of quail egg scissors and man are they ever handy! just a few bucks off ebay.
Screenshot_2016-09-29-16-48-45-1191008984.png
Al

Home Grown Poultry

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks Al

Return to “Misc Educational Resources and Topics”