Burl's Creek BST Tailgate Sale

Post by GemStone Meadows » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:38 am

Is anyone going?

Fairsing farm
On the Roost
Answers: 1

Post by Fairsing farm » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:08 am

I'm going with silkies and showgirls in buff black white and cuckoo (showgirls only ) chicks. no adult birds left

This will be the first Time I've gone to this sale. Only ever been to mount forest. Do venders get there at the crack of dawn just like at mount forest?

Frances
Insurance broker/hobby farm enthusiast competes in cariage driving, breeder and exhibitor of silkies and showgirls in buff black cuckoo white, bantam white Cochins in smooth & frizzledd https://www.facebook.com/FairsingFarms/

Fairsing farm
On the Roost

Post by Fairsing farm » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:16 pm

Anyone know how early people get there? Would 5:30 6:00 be ok or too early
Insurance broker/hobby farm enthusiast competes in cariage driving, breeder and exhibitor of silkies and showgirls in buff black cuckoo white, bantam white Cochins in smooth & frizzledd https://www.facebook.com/FairsingFarms/

Giffen Farms
Starting to Crow

Post by Giffen Farms » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Fairsing farm wrote:QR_BBPOST I'm going with silkies and showgirls in buff black white and cuckoo (showgirls only ) chicks. no adult birds left

This will be the first Time I've gone to this sale. Only ever been to mount forest. Do venders get there at the crack of dawn just like at mount forest?

Frances
No its not as intense as mount forest about 1/3rd the size, this year is a $15 vendors fee (because of the new management of Burl's Creek) most are there or arriving at 730/8am, opens at 8am

Directions: 7th Line of Oro-Medonte just off highway 11N, about halfway between Barrie and Orillia, not much food wise near by
Last edited by Giffen Farms on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
What day is it, Christopher Robin? Its today Pooh, my favorite day!

Giffen Farms
Starting to Crow

Post by Giffen Farms » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:07 pm

I will be there and taking blue, black, splash and/or barred standard cochin chicks in day olds up to 6 weeks +/-, month old +/- black copper maran chicks and americauna/silver laced wyandotte chick's, and maybe a few hens
What day is it, Christopher Robin? Its today Pooh, my favorite day!

Utopia Hen House
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Utopia Hen House » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:28 pm

Giffen Farms wrote:QR_BBPOST I will be there and taking blue, black, splash and/or barred standard cochin chicks in day olds up to 6 weeks +/-, month old +/- black copper maran chicks and americauna/silver laced wyandotte chick's, and maybe a few hens
What breeds of hens will you be bringing?

Micah and Kiah
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Micah and Kiah » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:00 pm

We will be taking Barnevelders, silkies(partridge, blue and splash), bantam Rhode islands, Buckeyes, Welsummer pair, purebred wheaton ameraucana pair, two pairs of buff orpingtons and I have some nice Welsummer and EO cockerels if there is interest. I have a few Bresse cockerels ready to prep. (Best to finish on oats and whey). I'll check my list to see what else.
We have 3 week old and newly hatched chicks . I will make a list of those. We travel with inverters so the chicks stay warm.
Always learning, and trying to breed closer and closer to standard.

:chicken-hatching:

Fairsing farm
On the Roost

Post by Fairsing farm » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:10 am

Micah and Kiah wrote:QR_BBPOST We will be taking Barnevelders, silkies(partridge, blue and splash), bantam Rhode islands, Buckeyes, Welsummer pair, purebred wheaton ameraucana pair, two pairs of buff orpingtons and I have some nice Welsummer and EO cockerels if there is interest. I have a few Bresse cockerels ready to prep. (Best to finish on oats and whey). I'll check my list to see what else.
We have 3 week old and newly hatched chicks . I will make a list of those. We travel with inverters so the chicks stay warm.
Hope to see you there! Missed you at mount forest!

Yes we also bring the generator to keep our babies nice and warm.

bublen
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by bublen » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:43 am

I steel need couple of lying hans. Also, i will be very happy if somebody brings some mandarin ducks and lady amherst pheasants...as i did not find any at mnt forest.
By the way , i wos impresed with some beautiful animals i found at mnt forest....wow...i think i will start looking for a biger farm very soon...

Micah and Kiah
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Micah and Kiah » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:04 pm

Fairsing farm wrote:
Micah and Kiah wrote:QR_BBPOST We will be taking Barnevelders, silkies(partridge, blue and splash), bantam Rhode islands, Buckeyes, Welsummer pair, purebred wheaton ameraucana pair, two pairs of buff orpingtons and I have some nice Welsummer and EO cockerels if there is interest. I have a few Bresse cockerels ready to prep. (Best to finish on oats and whey). I'll check my list to see what else.
Hope to see you there! Missed you at mount forest!

Yes we also bring the generator to keep our babies nice and warm.
Yes I love the cozy set up you use to keep your wee chicks happy :) see you Sunday!
Always learning, and trying to breed closer and closer to standard.

:chicken-hatching:

Return to “Event Discussion (Sales and Shows)”