Incubating call duck eggs

Huitemafarms
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Huitemafarms » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Anyone have experience with this? I have heard you need to keep your humidity up and spray the eggs with water is this true?
:rooster: Old English Games, call Ducks, bobwhite quail, ring neck pheasant and red sexlink

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Post by thegawd » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:10 pm

I tried incubating them same as a chicken egg, started with 6 eggs, 2 hatched, 2 dis 2 early quitters I believe... the ducklings that did hatch really didnt thrive very well at all and neither survived to adult hood.

the ones the parents hatched were good, strong birds, way stronger than the ones I hatched so I definitely incubated them way wrong.

But I only tried once.
Al

Home Grown Poultry

WaupoosCowgirl
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Post by WaupoosCowgirl » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:39 pm

Same, I have only had luck with ones that were hatched by a duck and even then the 6 that hatched only 3 survived to adulthood.

Rollkeeg877
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Rollkeeg877 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:57 pm

you gotta watch your humidity and temps especially humidity put warm water in a spray bottle and spray them half way threw incubation every day. then you should get good birds, just think the mommy duck will get up and go for a quick swim then go back and sit on her eggs humidity is very important and easy to do :D

Return to “Waterfowl Discussion”