Photo booth for the "Ready made" crowd

Moderator: OnlineShow-Secretary

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Brebis wrote:QR_BBPOST I think we're going to have to have a parallel show of blooper pics after all the antics!
Great minds think alike, I already have a few set aside! :)

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:29 am

Well, with round one, pretty much all of the shots of hens are of them trying to get past me out the 'booth' door. So a lot of unidentifiable fuzzy blobs. After a few attempts at using my shoulders,/face,/head as a diving board (BANZAIIIIII) to hightail it out of there, when put back they would stay still to regroup and calculate the next plan of attack. Unfortunately these also didn't make for good pictures, as they either sat down and refused to get up, or did the crouching Scot's Dumpy imitation that OC described. One tried to go through the roof once, but I didn't get a picture of that. I'd love to get some of the turkeys because I'm curious about how type-y they are...but they're pretty wild except for Justin--and he has what I believe to be a DQ, a black feather in his breast. Not 100% sure though, because I haven't seen my copy of the SOP since I moved. Sigh.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:34 am

It only mentions black in QUILLS of primaries or secondaries. This is under general DQs and cutting for defects. A lot of BSWs have odd black feathers which is understandable when you consider their original breeding and how they were made. I have a couple with small black feather parts. I'd be curious to see what a judge thinks.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:33 am

Happy wrote:QR_BBPOST I wasn't going to bother with this project because I certainly don't look at my birds as "show". But may be a good learning experience to get feed back from an expert. Who knows where this hobby may take me in the future and learning to see things more critically could come in handy down the road. I'm excited to see everyone's entries! May work on this and if I don't get too frustrated I will try to send a few pics for the experience of it. Been reading all of your tips so thank-you :)
Glad you decided to participate, one thing I can guarantee, anybody sitting on the fence now and not posting entries is going to regret it when the judging starts.
What a great opportunity to have a judge comment on your birds in the comfort of your own home :)

WaupoosCowgirl
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Post by WaupoosCowgirl » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:32 pm

ok just ready about this now....I know I live under a rock!

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Drained the battery in my phone twice now. Been through 2 setups and have 2 terrified roosters and several confused hens. Lol. I have 2 okay photos. Lol. Will get mote after i recharge the phone. And tend to my bitten hand lol. Rir rooster is having nothing to do with this!!! I have no clue how to get photos of my turkeys lol
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:55 pm

:rofl:
Well, Hamish no longer loves me, and now offers me a look of disdain and his backside every time I pass by,
apparently being a model isn't in His work description.
The Old hen, ended up being totally confused, just stood there saying whaaat? whaaat? whaaat? reminded me of a kid, who after too many Sport coaching directions, just throws up his hands in one of those I have NO idea what you want from me helpless gestures.
Who knew taking a picture of a chicken would be difficult, and posing them just right pretty well impossible?

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:21 pm

My wheaten marans posed beautifully with his wings folded wrong. Seriously??!!
My phone should be charged by now maybe i will go and try again. In a bit....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:QR_BBPOST :rofl:
Well, Hamish no longer loves me, and now offers me a look of disdain and his backside every time I pass by,
apparently being a model isn't in His work description.
The Old hen, ended up being totally confused, just stood there saying whaaat? whaaat? whaaat? reminded me of a kid, who after too many Sport coaching directions, just throws up his hands in one of those I have NO idea what you want from me helpless gestures.
Who knew taking a picture of a chicken would be difficult, and posing them just right pretty well impossible?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: roflmbo roflmbo roflmbo
One of my girls made that noise as well, only I heard it as "wait waaaiit wait wait wait". I think she was plotting revenge. She still won't look me in the eye. Put Justin Turkey in the booth today for a trial, took zero pictures. How does a person make an infatuated Tom turkey NOT strut??!!

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:46 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:QR_BBPOST How does a person make an infatuated Tom turkey NOT strut??!!
Managed that one yesterday by having a second person touching him (he folds up for that). Count down from three and when the hand gets removed, the picture is taken right away. The delay on the flash was crazy, so we needed to take the picture at "2" or the feathers would be up already...:lol:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Return to “How to take the perfect picture”