Photo booth for the "Ready made" crowd

Moderator: OnlineShow-Secretary

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:27 am

Wasn't Black Adder a Rowan Atkinson show before he was Mr. Bean? Or am I thinking of something else? But back to your test OC, is there some way you could light your booth from overhead? Of the two shots, I prefer the unlit one as well, I find the shadows in the other one a bit distracting, almost harsh--as if poor Ms. Cow is being interrogated LOL. But I recommend you not take any photography pointers from me, I am REALLY bad at it LOL!

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:28 am

Yup, he was the one! as in you are old if you rem,ember the one BEFORE Mr Bean ;)
The cage shadows would be a problem with any additional lighting, because the "photo booth" is inside the brooder, i.e. inside a cage and I take the picture thru the open door, because popular believe aside, I have no tricks to make the chicken stay in one place, accept a cage. ;)

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:41 am

Cage training in small wire show pens or something similar as you would do for a real show would be the way to go . No matter how good the bird if it won't "show" proper for the judge it's a no go . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:49 am

ross wrote:QR_BBPOST Cage training in small wire show pens or something similar as you would do for a real show would be the way to go . No matter how good the bird if it won't "show" proper for the judge it's a no go . Luck
You optimist you!! :)
My plan so far.....
#1 Sneak in at night and grab couple birds in the faint hope I get the right ones, insert in small cages..... get a good night sleep.
# 2Next morning, take the bird out of small cage, insert in photo booth find out it is indeed the wrong bird, take pics anyway.....
Repeat until I get couple of decent pictures or give up on the whole thing, whichever comes first.
See, I do have a plan. ;)

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:16 am

That was what I was doing with my nice turkey Jake until he got injured and had to be culled. Neighbour said "can you catch him?" I just went "here Buddy" and picked him up! Of course that was my nicest one.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:47 am

Good luck on your rodeo, OC! Let us know how it goes! I still haven't built up the energy for round 2 :D I've decided against any white birds at all, because they've been scratching and digging in the manure gutter in the barn, and are liberally dotted or streaked with you-know-what, either from getting in the way of flying poop or from having been mounted by a male with poopy feet. I don't own a hairdryer, and a bath is out of the question. Best I'm going to do is wipe down the black birds and give legs a quick scrub. Between molting and the latest round of poo flinging, not to mention the obvious premeditated attempts to ruin any goot shots I can get, I think they knew there was an online show coming up and have conspired amongst themselves to make things difficult!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:26 am

My turkeys are all poo streaked and I can't get them to stand still. They all rush up to me and try to peck the lens! SOmeone MUST enter turkeys, pleez!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level

Post by Jaye » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:24 pm

In case anyone is interested, I found this at Dollarama in Kemptville. Granted, it's not very thick cardboard, but hey, it's only $2, and if you anchor it with something or prop it up against a wall, I think it should work fine.
IMG_20161105_142741.jpg
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Well, took EVERYBODY'S hints for picture taking,
Al's idea of food on top of can, was a lifesaver and Kenya's soup can pure magic...
Took about 75 pictures and there may or may not be couple usable, but had a great chuckle at my own expense, shadows?? really I worried about that???
How about getting the bird and the can in the same shot?
Or discouraging the bird from using my head to get the heck oputa there???
or even having the bird actually standing, as opposed to crouching doing an impression of Scots Dumpy?
I think we missed a great opportunity to get somebody go around and take a video of our efforts, would guarantee to go viral. ;)

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:26 pm

BTW ross was right, cage training would have been really helpful.

Return to “How to take the perfect picture”