So far this year I have not ...

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Re: So far this year I have not ...

Post by thegawd » Mon May 08, 2017 9:31 am

well I did cut my grass and it took me 3 attempts. the lawnmower runs great! I had to refill the battery cuz it was completely dry but I surprisingly brought it back to life. the boiling water from the chemical reaction threw me through a loop cuz I never done this before. but it worked! then.... I bent the crap out of a blade 1/8 of the way in. crap! I built a big fire and spent like 5 hours straightening it back out exactly the way it was and let it cool, no heat treatment cuz I guess it can ruin the temper and possibly shatter the blade. so back to cutting the grass. then I friggin bent the other blade! man was I ever mad cuz these are brand new MTD mulching blades!!! GRRRR! they only cut the lawn once before and didnt have a problem. man was I mad! this time I tried the little propane torch and was quite surprised that it had enough heat to smack it back in shape. it only took me 20 mins and then another 20 mins for it to cool. then I finished the grass.

the grass needed to be cut again before we got all this rain! the dandelions are in full bloom spreading there seeds. the lawn needs to be rolled and I got my hands on one heck of a lawn roller, its filled with cement and heavy as heck! I will more than likely need the JD 318 but it has a power steering line leak which I still need to fix. so more work and a few bucks and I can get it rolled... sooooo I'll probably just cut the darn grass again before it gets any longer, even though its a swamp out there.

GRRRRRRRASSSS! we have lots, maybe an acre or 2, I dont know. on a good day it takes me about 4 hours to cut it.

so far this year I havent cut the grass again! LOL
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Mon May 08, 2017 9:34 am

I love cutting grass :)
But haven't so far this year...today may be the day

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Mon May 08, 2017 9:37 am

I do to Happy. unfortunately I should cut mine like every 4 days but that wont ever happen! so once a week wether it needs it or not, but now I'm almost a week behind!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon May 08, 2017 10:15 am

Al if you can fence off the grass get a baler and make hay....then you only have to cut it 2 or 3 times a year!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 am

the thought has crossed my mind Kathy, LOL but its a great space for the kids. lots of room for baseball or soccer. or a BIGGER gardens :-) HAHA is there such a thing as a mini bailer? like your mini manure spreader? that thing is sooo cool!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm

heres a baler I should be able to afford! ;-) ingenious!

Al

Home Grown Poultry

kimszoo
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by kimszoo » Mon May 08, 2017 3:18 pm

@thegawd What a great idea! Unfortunately, I live in the pines so don't have much grass to cut, let alone bale. But, spring so far hasn't been very conducive to any growth. I haven't decided if I need an ark, or should make a snowman. :rubbingchin:

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Mon May 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Yeah! What's with this freakin SNOW!
I had to clean off the snow from my car.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Tue May 09, 2017 8:59 am

needed to scrape the truck the last 2 days and discovered scraping is still not an "approved physical activity after surgery" (the hard way unfortunately) so i left the heater on hi this morning...seemed to work.....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Tue May 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Wow That mini baler is great! People are so ingenious!

Return to “Games”