2016 11 29 Southwest Feather Fenciers (Harrow)

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

2016 11 29 Southwest Feather Fenciers (Harrow)

Post by Farrier1987 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:05 am

Reporting in, went to the sale last evening (25 Oct 2016).

Southwest Feather Fanciers. Birds and bunnies sold at auction. Club takes 20%
Auction last Tuesday of the month March through October. Will be doing one in November this year.

Harrow Fairgrounds. Just east of the main light in Harrow, then a block south on left.

Consign times sort of fuzzy, but sale starts at six. I brought my birds about 4 and they were about the middle of the sale, so I expect someone is there from around noon?

This sale there were probably 100 bunnies, a bunch of quail and pigeons. A lot of what I thought were cull birds, cockerels and stew hens, probably another 100 lots. A few pairs or trios. Sale took about 2 1/2 hours.

Prices were sort of as expected. A fully grown young cockerel I brought got $5. And no idea why but two half grown cockerels brought $14 ea. My other cockerels got 2 to 4 ea. Stew hens and roosters from $1 up to 6 or 7. They sold some white Wyandotte hens for in the $30 range ea, there were about 8 there. Old English Game trio went for $4. I took 8 cockerels and left with $35 after commission. Enjoyable evening. Met our PTO moderator Syble, really knows her birds.

They won't sell livestock, I asked about bringing young goats next summer, and they said they can't get into that, but would be welcome to bring them in my truck and sell them privately outside.

So all in all an enjoyable evening. Didn't make my fortune. Rubbed shoulders with other poultry people. No concession, coffee there, I think the club is missing a revenue opportunity there.

+ Google Calendarhttps://calendar.google.com/calendar/ev ... 0gmail.com[/gcal]

https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1 ... 7523001454[/gmap]
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Return to “Event Calendar”