Bantam Cochin Hatching Eggs

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums.
Silverlacedmom
Newly Hatched Chick

Bantam Cochin Hatching Eggs

Post by Silverlacedmom » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:59 am

Hi, still on the hunt for someone to ship some hatching eggs! Looking for bantam cochin, but would consider other bantam breeds. My girls are getting to the age where they are not producing T.T

Thanks guys, any leads would be appreciated.

Silverlacedmom
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Bantam Cochin Hatching Eggs

Post by Silverlacedmom » Wed May 26, 2021 10:40 am

Hello PTO family, found a lady in Manitoba that has sent me a dozen + spares of bantam cochin eggs of assorted colors to hatch.

If anyone is looking, I can try and pass along her info. She has been extraordinary to work with and chat with!

Egg-cited to be hatchin again!

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed May 26, 2021 12:10 pm

How exciting for you, we will need a follow up, please :)

Silverlacedmom
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Silverlacedmom » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:12 am

Things are not looking too great for my set of eggs. We had a drop in temps when the eggs were in the mail, down to -8 or so (we actually broke record lows) We think this has effected the eggs.

She sent me 24 eggs instead of 12 and I thought OMG where am I gonna put so many birds!!!

The odd thing too is there is 4 eggs developing and I thought the rest were lost but some are starting to develop and are at day 3-4!!!! This is my first time experiencing an uneven egg development...

I would be excited and happy to get 1 hen, 2 ecstatic, 3...elated!

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:53 am

Silverlacedmom wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:12 am
Things are not looking too great for my set of eggs. We had a drop in temps when the eggs were in the mail, down to -8 or so (we actually broke record lows) We think this has effected the eggs.

She sent me 24 eggs instead of 12 and I thought OMG where am I gonna put so many birds!!!

The odd thing too is there is 4 eggs developing and I thought the rest were lost but some are starting to develop and are at day 3-4!!!! This is my first time experiencing an uneven egg development...

I would be excited and happy to get 1 hen, 2 ecstatic, 3...elated!
Interesting, it sounds as if the eggs have gone dormant at the low temp and came out of dormancy at different speed, possibly depending on where in the incubator they were placed.
If this was my hatch, I would have and extra incubator in the waiting, and once the advanced batch start hatching, I would transfer the remaining eggs in to another incubator to give them few more days, "just in case" ;)

Return to “Wanted”