hatching eggs Australorp, Orpington, Marans, Ameraucana

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums.
mucm
Newly Hatched Chick

hatching eggs Australorp, Orpington, Marans, Ameraucana

Post by mucm » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:12 pm

I am looking for hatching eggs approximately 16 Black Australorp or Buff Orpington. Plus 2-4 Marans and 2-4 Ameraucana.

In another post starting backyard chickens, also in East York I had been directed to Josh Haisma and Kevin Seward but neither are offering hatching eggs this year.

Anyone have these this spring? or else have recommendations of where to find these?

Cheers.

Martin
-- Martin and Monica

mucm
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: hatching eggs Australorp, Orpington, Marans, Ameraucana

Post by mucm » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:10 am

Has anyone ordered chicks or eggs from https://www.heritagebreedchickens.ca ? they appear to have the Black Australorp that I'm looking for (along with Partridge Chantecler and Canadian Bresse). If so, how did you find the birds?
-- Martin and Monica

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:12 am

mucm wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:10 am
Has anyone ordered chicks or eggs from https://www.heritagebreedchickens.ca ? they appear to have the Black Australorp that I'm looking for (along with Partridge Chantecler and Canadian Bresse). If so, how did you find the birds?
Have you thought about egg auctions? FB look up HEACO, you'll find lots of eggs. They usually are very good. Some aren't but there is a breeder review site. Good luck.

Penny
On the Roost

Post by Penny » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:44 am

I have Ameraucana (splash rooster over blue & black hens) so all chicks will be blue or splash. I'm located near Hanover ON

mucm
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by mucm » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:21 am

Thank you for chiming in @Kbr42 and @Penny. I found Black Astralorp from heritagebreedchickens.ca, in Ailsa Craig near London, Ont. (found from kijiji but I just ordered by e-mail), and I found Black Copper Marans and Black Ameraucana from Richard Milliare, in Casselman, near Ottawa, Ont. (all done via kijiji annoying interface). If anyone is curious for future reference, the Australorp were about $3.40 ($55 for 16), and the Marans and Ameraucana were $3 (I got 4 of each). Shipping was $27.43 and $18.75 respectively. I ordered Monday, both gentleman brought them to post office Tuesday, and both are predicted by Canada Post to arrive Thursday. First timer here so I'm super excited (!!!!!) I'll try to put together another post on my home built incubator.
-- Martin and Monica

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:39 am

Hi there @mucm
Very glad you found some of your deaired breeds.
I want to remind you of one of the most important rules we have here.
When you hatch chicks it is important to post photos of the new fuzzy butts for all of us to see!
Looking forward to good hatching results for you.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

mucm
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by mucm » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:24 am

Thank you @Killerbunny I will be sure to respect this "most important rule".

So far my home made incubator incubator built from scrap parts and "real" thermostat has been very stable at 37.5 °C +/- 0.25 °C, and 60% humidity +/- 1%. So I'm optimistic that I'll have a reasonably high hatch rate.
-- Martin and Monica

mucm
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by mucm » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 pm

@Killerbunny I am sorry for the delay, I hope you will forgive me for only now following this most important rule. Here are some photos of some of them at hours-old, 1-wk-old, and today 24-wk-old. And they certainly did have fluffy butts : - ! One of them started laying a few weeks ago, and I just started getting triple-egg days this week, so as a newbie I'm very pleased. And thank you everyone (in this and other threads) for your kind advice and encouragement.
Attachments
DSC04067.1200x900.jpg
DSC04096.1200x900.jpg
DSC04638.1200x900.jpg
-- Martin and Monica

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Beautiful birds!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:23 pm

@mucm Congrats to you on lovely babies! We'll forgive you this time.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Wanted”