Hatching Service

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums.
Flat Rock Farm

Hatching Service

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Looking for someone with a "good" incubator to hatch a couple dozen eggs.

Just had a horrible hatch rate and do not want to waste the time setting another batch.

Looking for someone within an hour to an hour and half from the Cambridge area.

Admin if this is not the section to post this please move it.

Thank you,
Last edited by Flat Rock Farm on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Re: Hatching Service

Post by windwalkingwolf » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:06 am

I wish you were closer, I would happily hatch whatever you like. I've seriously got to give this incubator back to @Killerbunny before I get overrun by babies. Again. I clearly have no self control unless the incubator is full of someone else's eggs LMAO, and this analog Miller hatches pretty much EVERYTHING, every time. I seriously cannot muck up the temperature controls. Not that I've tried to deliberately, but I am a meddler by nature. This incubator has defied my meddling.
Someone, please help Flat Rock Farm!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:17 am

How close are you to @WLLady ? I think she does custom hatching.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:58 am

Oh I wish you were closer Jan!!! I am not hatching much anymore so last year decided to sell my Brinsea's and go with the old Hova. For me it seems to be humidity issues with these add water units. My hatch has been dragged out, first one popped on day 19 and I had some hatch last night, all looked good at lockdown out of 40 eggs, only 12 have hatched :gaah:

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:02 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:17 am
How close are you to @WLLady ? I think she does custom hatching.
I am not sure?

I found someone advertising on Kijiji in Thorndale (about an hour and 20min from me). If I can't find anyone on here, may have to go there.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:31 am

Down near west lorne....about 30 minutes west of st thomas. i have the sportsman running pretty much flat out for most of the summer. i do get to london a lot AND my hubby goes to st thomas twice a week....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:43 am

That would be great Kathy. :banana: Will send you a PM

Mfrase27
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Mfrase27 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Hey, I might be able to save you a drive. I’m in London all the time. My sister is in Cambridge and we get together weekly. Even if I’m not headed her way, she’s done chicken runs for me before 🤣. I’m also in Stratford weekly so even that would cut your drive quite a bit. Let me know :). I’d ask to join the incubating party but don’t have eggs lol. So hard to decide!

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:17 pm

awesome! i'm sure we can work something out!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Wanted”