ISO black copper maran hens. Thanks :)

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums.
ernursemarti
Newly Hatched Chick

ISO black copper maran hens. Thanks :)

Post by ernursemarti » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:46 pm

ISO black copper marans !

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: ISO black copper maran hens. Thanks :)

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:43 am

I love it when people never come to this site, and if they do all they do is post something for sale with no pic or decent description or "god forbid" a location! Like c'mon eh? i ain't driving from Ottawa to Niagara for a few chickens but I would go to Kemptville.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:44 am

Well, last week I drove to Hanover and Owen Sound and back for a few chickens....but that's beside the point! (The price was good and the birds were great and weather was ok)
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am

I was going to say
Ke?
but thought perhaps it was just a random thought, rather then attempt to sell?
So how about those Blue Jays?

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:07 pm

LOL, too funny. I don't even think this is even a for sale post: the title says ISO, so I think the OP is actually looking for some BC Marans.
@ernursemarti , if you indicate your location either in your post or as part of your profile, you may have better luck finding what you are looking for.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:24 pm

:lol: and here I thought it was some new and special kind of Copper Marrans hens,
points for that Jaye

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Am I missing something here? Would this site not be a perfect place to find good quality birds? Isn't that what this site is all about? I'm confused. For all you old timers allow me to translate into cool younger people language, ISO = in search of.

roflmbo

ernursemarti
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by ernursemarti » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:13 am

Sorry I did not narrow down an area in my post. I thought it was attached to my profile. I'm just learning, thanks for your help Jaye. I do tend to drive all over so didn't specify a place. I am an hour east of Toronto. If ISO isn't a common abbreviation used here, Why not ask ? I was hoping this site would be more supportive to newcomers. :(

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:59 am

Ernursarti: my post is not meant to be mean or nasty, and yes welcome here. The folks who keep poultry are often not the "computer user" type folks, or certainly not used to every program or app. I think that the closer folks are to being "computer nerds" the less they are with animals and plants: its virtual vs real experiences.

Myself, I grew up with computers in the 1980's and 1990's and I can barely keep up now.

The only ISO I've seen before this post is ISO 9002 and the like on a sign on a manufacturing plant.

Bottom line: don't assume anything. Dummy proof everything.

ernursemarti
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by ernursemarti » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:27 am

Okay. It's funny, I didn't know what ISO was until I joined chicken groups on Facebook! I also grew up with computers in the 80s and 90s. I'm not very computer savvy. I assumed this was a common abbrev. I'm looking for black copper maran hens please. I live just outside peterborough Ontario but do not mind some travel. Pullet or already laying is okay. Just prefer under 1.5 years. Thanks.

Return to “Wanted”