ISO black copper maran hens. Thanks :)

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums.
Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: ISO black copper maran hens. Thanks :)

Post by Jaye » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:33 am

ernursemarti wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:13 am
Sorry I did not narrow down an area in my post. I thought it was attached to my profile. I'm just learning, thanks for your help Jaye. I do tend to drive all over so didn't specify a place. I am an hour east of Toronto. If ISO isn't a common abbreviation used here, Why not ask ? I was hoping this site would be more supportive to newcomers. :(
Apologies - I forgot to add "welcome to the forum" to my post. :welcome:
I hope you will find your BC Marans. It may be a bit late in the season to find what you are looking for especially if you only want hens, because I think most poultry breeders have already reduced their flocks for winter, but you never know ... There are a number of breeders in your general area that are members on this site, so hopefully they will check in and post if they have any Marans to spare. Have you checked the Breeders section of this site? There may be a lead there.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 am

@ernursemarti I knew what you meant by ISO but by the time I saw some were confused Jaye had already cleared it up. I hope you find your birds! All I've seen for sale is roosters for the past while. Welcome to PTO and don't be afraid to post. There's all kinds of poultry folks around in all shapes, sizes, ages and walks of life.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:45 am

If you stick around long enough, you will find that we are a "talkative" group, and like the whole story, preferably with pictures :)
An of course, you are :welcome: here

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:55 am

Hi and welcome! Very sorry not to welcome you.
I had to be told what ISO was too!
Hope you find birds.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:01 pm

:welcome: to PTO!
Thank you for not abbreviating Looking For, that one confuses everybody lol

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Hiya and welcome to the forum. I have moved your post into the wanted section.....please stop by the i am new here introductions section and i am sure all the crazy folks here will give you a proper welcome!!
Welcome to PTO....

Come on guys someone here has to have some bcms for sale.....
i have wheaten marans but going into winter i am not selling right now......

Again welcome to pto, from the banter (baron.....) looks like you are very welcome already lol :doh:
:welcome: :iheartpto:
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I breed BC Marans, but I have nothing for sale at the moment. Not until Spring of 2018. Best of luck with your search, to be honest it might be difficult. I could have sold at least 20 or 30 BC marans hens this year, but all my chicks sold unsexed under a week old, so I never sold any marans old enough to sex.

Best of luck.

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

ernursemarti
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by ernursemarti » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am

Thank you everyone for your welcome. I did realize it would be hard to find marans this time of year. I have a good friend who is a very small backyard flock owner and had her 2/4 chickens killed by the neighbors dog just recently. She really wants a dark layer and so I told her I would gladly put out some feelers for her. She cannot have roosters in her intimate neighbourhood so it of course needs to be a hen and she was hoping to get some for winter for eggs and to ensure there are enough birds in the coop for warmth.
As for me, i have a toddler (2.5 years old) and a 6 month old in the background so i have not spent the time navigating the site yet and do most things under a lot of distraction. I do apologize I posted this in the wrong section and confused a lot of people.
I look forward to getting to know the site and local breeders. I've struggled a lot In the last 1.5 years and have found a lot of dishonest people in the chicken world. But I hold faith there are a lot of good guys out there too!

Thanks again

Return to “Wanted”