ISO crossbreed puppy

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

ISO crossbreed puppy

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:51 pm

I guess you missed Jan's (www) post?
I used to foster dogs for a dog rescue group until few years ago when the whole thing became a money making operation.
To be fair the dogs were "fixed" and that was included in the price, vets were donating a discount for the spaying/ sterilization and the price for the dog was $ 200
When the price hit $300 I found it has become tiny bit steep and gave up.
Last time I checked it was up to $450 seriously.

Colleen Kinzie
Free Ranging

ISO crossbreed puppy

Post by Colleen Kinzie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:I guess you missed Jan's (www) post?
I used to foster dogs for a dog rescue group until few years ago when the whole thing became a money making operation.
To be fair the dogs were "fixed" and that was included in the price, vets were donating a discount for the spaying/ sterilization and the price for the dog was $ 200
When the price hit $300 I found it has become tiny bit steep and gave up.
Last time I checked it was up to $450 seriously.
Yes I did miss it
I'll have to go back and look
I'm sure if I would have gone in person the people would have had a good laugh and thought where the h&$@ has she been for the last 20 years. Lol

Colleen Kinzie
Free Ranging

ISO crossbreed puppy

Post by Colleen Kinzie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:23 pm

ross wrote:Problem with free or cheap dogs unless yu know for sure where there going is to many end up back for sale at a Market etc or worse yet go to DOG FIGHTING outfits for bait & training . Basically thats why we ended up at a no kill SPCA . 250$ for ours ALL needles & spayed . Luck
Yep I do realuE that is what happens a lot Ross
But wouldn't $100.00 be a bit more reasonable
When I find the kind I want I will pay the price if that's what it is is. I was just soooooo shocked
SPCA doesn't have puppies. A lot of beautiful dogs but no puppies!
Waiting list apparently
:yappydog:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

ISO crossbreed puppy

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:29 pm

You may want to consider a young dog instead of a puppy, the time it would take to house break a pup, can be well spent training the dog to become a good addition to your family and less risk that the puppy will grow in to something other then what it was supposed to be.

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

ISO crossbreed puppy

Post by goatgal35 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Four years ago we went looking for a mixed breed farm puppy. I had been volunteering and fostering for several rescues, I was floored by the price of a dog, and good luck finding a puppy anywhere for under $200. I gave up looking and shortly afterwards my dog found me. She was wormy, louse with fleas, skinny, dirty, only 5 weeks old, and free. Her and I have a great relationship. She is one for the best dogs I have ever had. Good Luck, your dog will find you.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

ISO crossbreed puppy

Post by ross » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:53 pm

Price is market driven like most things . After we got ours i had a GS 2yr old trained offered free . Some friend of my brothers was moving . Supposedly nice trained dog . Yu never know .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

ISO crossbreed puppy

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:52 am

Epona wrote:Check out Hillside Kennel Pet Control. http://www.hillsidekennelsanimalcontrol.com/ The website stinks, but I'm linked to their Facebook page and they have an < one yr Sheperd cross. I can't figure the website to locate the pups they show on the Facebook page. And a couple of others. They do the "pound" for Haldimand, Norfolk and Oxford County. They have a really cute little breed pup there, but I can't fit even a small one into the pack here. At least they are a no kill shelter, too.
Their dogs seem to all be "rescues" (starting to think that word is a joke anymore) from Georgia. The humane societies and spcas for miles and miles around me are pretty much empty of dogs, thanks in part to some "rescues" that are flipping these dogs for more money. Just read the the humane society international is trying to "rescue" a bunch of dogs from China, start flying them over here in September if they can get a decent air cargo rate. As it stand right now, it will cost them $3000 per dog to fly over here and they're shooting for 20 dogs. Um, what? The humane societies and spca shelters have always been where I've put charity donations, but I'm reconsidering at the moment.
I'm seriously starting to think there must be a severe dog shortage in Canada. I'm looking for same as you, Colleen, but not fussy on age of dog, just something to be a bud for my one dog who is missing his brother, and that I can train for predator control. Thought I found the perfect dog, clicked instantly with him and vice versa, and my own dog approved LOL. He was a 1 year old mutt of border collie/maremma/basset hound, firm price was $800. No shots or neuter. For that price I might just as well go to a breeder and get a pedigreed puppy, so that's probably what we're going to do if nothing shows up on the radar in the next little while. And I will NOT be signing any spay/neuter contracts. No wonder so many dogs are being stolen in my area, hardly anyone can afford one anymore! But anyway, I'm keeping my ear to the ground for both of us Colleen.

Return to “Wanted”