Wire chicken cage

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums.
Giffen Farms
Starting to Crow

Wire chicken cage

Post by Giffen Farms » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:21 pm

Does anyone know where I could find a section of the old "battery" style laying cages where the egg rollsout the front?

Have several young laying hens that have all gone broody, I used them in the past to break hens out of broody-ness

Willing to drive as I know they're not popular anymore.
layer-caged-2.jpeg
Azure blues
Azure blues
Rest of flock has to lay on floor as others won't get leave the nests
Rest of flock has to lay on floor as others won't get leave the nests
What day is it, Christopher Robin? Its today Pooh, my favorite day!

labradors
Head Chicken

Re: Wire chicken cage

Post by labradors » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:40 pm

Not much help, I'm afraid, but if you had some plastic milk crates, you could make some stackable nesting boxes for everyone like this: http://petdiys.com/milk-crate-nesting-box/

Linda

Giffen Farms
Starting to Crow

Post by Giffen Farms » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:37 pm

Thanks, but not looking for extra nesting boxes at the moment.
I've used these wire cages in the past to break hens out of their broodiness over the course of about 5 days to a week i think, its been awhile ☺️
Think of it more as "jail" without comforts like straw or a dark place to lay.
What day is it, Christopher Robin? Its today Pooh, my favorite day!

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:21 am

I found dog crates worked well, usually plenty available at flee markets, still have couple here, wish you were closer .

Return to “Wanted”