Alberta girl seeking feathered friends!

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums. BUYERS please note that we do not guarantee the health of any animal sold on this forum, please do your homework when looking. Please note that we do not have any information about housing conditions, health status or truth of advertising by sellers on this forum. The old adage BUYER BEWARE applies.
Chicky chicky chick
Newly Hatched Chick

Alberta girl seeking feathered friends!

Post by Chicky chicky chick » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:02 pm

:wee: hi everyone.

So I know I'm not an Ontarioian, but I was hoping some of you kind folk may be able to help a sista out please. I'm having trouble finding a few breeds. La Crevecoeur and La Fleche. Might anyone know a breeder with healthy birds anywhere near Alberta? :rooster-171: :run:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Alberta girl seeking feathered friends!

Post by WLLady » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:37 am

Hi there!
Doesn't matter if you aren't in ontario! I don't off hand know of anyone with the breeds (even in ontario!) but hopefully someone who does will chip in soon. Welcome to the forum!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:55 am

Hello and welcome.
There are a few ex ACE members on here.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 pm

I am transplanted Alberta in Ontario. This is a pretty good bunch here, even if they dont have the breeds you are looking for. I am leaving tomorrow for a week to see my mother in Bashaw. Where are you?

Funny thing, when I was going to move to Ontario ten years ago, all my friends said I wouldnt like it. Because all you hear on the news is Toronto and Ottawa. Where I moved to is just the same as most Alberta farming towns. How is the weather? How are the crops? The darn kids these days. The darn politicians. Can I give you a hand?

My Alberta friends were partly right. I would not like to live in Toronto or Ottawa. But I didnt want to live in Edmonton or Calgary or Red Deer either, and I did for many years. I really like that I have about a month longer growing season for the garden here.

So this site is a pretty welcoming bunch. Stop by now and then tell us about some stuff from your way, we'd like it. Look at our pictures, show us some of yours.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

coonhound
On the Roost

Post by coonhound » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:55 am

Hi I raise La Fleche wont have anything available this year

Return to “For Sale”