D'Uccles

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums. BUYERS please note that we do not guarantee the health of any animal sold on this forum, please do your homework when looking. Please note that we do not have any information about housing conditions, health status or truth of advertising by sellers on this forum. The old adage BUYER BEWARE applies.
Flat Rock Farm

Re: D'Uccles

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:35 pm

:stars: Okay DH, you want the two boys or one?? :fingersx:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:51 pm

We say two because we are just not happy with a lone chicken being integrated. They will have each other as buddies? I know that works for hens, but roosters?
BTW, the reason we are even entertaining having "quiet roosters" is that... :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: our #)$*%^ neighbor behind us sold a few months back and we have new ... wonderful neighbors.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:30 pm

That's great!!! :banana: I have sent KB a message to see if she is okay bringing the boys along with her :fingersx:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:02 am

Make sure to send in your permission slips everyone!!! LOL!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:59 am

Many thanks to @Killerbunny and Vian, for making it possible for these little darling roosters to find their new home back here.
@Flat Rock Farm , thank you. They are so sweet and personable.
I hope to take some pictures when we get them settled in their quarantine coop today.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:06 am

My thanks to @Killerbunny for dropping off the little pullet, Waffle, who promptly destroyed my house coop...lol she wanted out. She does think she's a Big chicken :banana:

I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks to all!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 am

Funny little birds. They basically trash talked the turkeys all the way home and then ate and drank very well.
Yes they really have no idea that they are so small!
Here is a pic of the 2 boys before they went to their new home.
jaye.jpg
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:11 am

Kbr42 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:06 am
My thanks to @Killerbunny for dropping off the little pullet, Waffle, who promptly destroyed my house coop...lol she wanted out. She does think she's a Big chicken :banana:

I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks to all!
OMG Karen, what a naughty girl. :eek:

Now in her defense her and her hatch mates where in a pen that I use for my standards so they had a lot of room!!

Yes THANK YOU again to KB and her DH for transport. It was so nice to meet you and DH!! :grouphug:

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:14 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 am
Funny little birds. They basically trash talked the turkeys all the way home and then ate and drank very well.
jaye.jpg
Yes they are little chatter boxes. One of the reasons I love them so much :heart:

Wow kitchen table? Is DH pouring them a cuppa coffee?? :rofl:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:13 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 am
jaye.jpg
OMG, I think every kitchen should have a pair of these !!!!! :love smiley:

Return to “For Sale”