True Blue eggers/Americauna wanted

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums. BUYERS please note that we do not guarantee the health of any animal sold on this forum, please do your homework when looking. Please note that we do not have any information about housing conditions, health status or truth of advertising by sellers on this forum. The old adage BUYER BEWARE applies.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

True Blue eggers/Americauna wanted

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:08 pm

Looking to get a dozen or two hatching eggs for true blue eggers. Pet quality birds are fine, but want very blue eggs. Closer to Chatham the better, but could pay for some shipping or something too. Would also be interested in a couple of mature birds but not too darn old. PM me and we can talk. Thanks.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: True Blue eggers/Americauna wanted

Post by Jaye » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:48 pm

Ameraucanas. That's how to spell the breed name. Just saying. Anyway, @WLLady has stupendously beautiful Wheaten Ameraucanas ... Pretty sure they lay blue eggs.
Last edited by Jaye on Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:28 am

Thanks Jaye. Might be she has, but if I am not mistaken they lay blue green. I shall check with her.

And just checking. Is the s on the end plural it or is that the correct way, and plural would with an I on the end?
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:33 am

I would go with Ameraucanuses!
Ameraucana would work fine too since IMO it's really an adjective? Don't get me started on what reporters do to the Queen's English.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:45 am

You may consider Bantam Ameraucanas, their eggs tend to be much closer to the ideal vivid blue color.
Although I did raise "true" Ameraucanas their egg color was closer to aqua then blue, and the bluest blue eggs I ever had were from Performance Poultry Easter Eggers so it's a bit of a crap shoot anyway.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:05 am

Farrier1987 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:28 am
Thanks Jaye. Might be she has, but if I am not mistaken they lay blue green. I shall check with her.

And just checking. Is the s on the end plural it or is that the correct way, and plural would with an I on the end?
Yes, you're right: 'Ameraucanas' is plural for more than one; 'Ameraucana' is the breed name. :-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:07 pm

I got Ameraucana hatching eggs from the chickenvilla a few years ago. I still have two of the hens. They lay blue eggs, not blue green, but it is not really dark. I'd say medium blue.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:26 am

i have ameraucanas that lay blue eggs. they are wheaten. i also have easter eggers that lay blue green because they were a project from some olive eggers and they are also wheaten. when farrier wanted eggs last year he got my easter egger line which are various shades of blue and green

my wheaten ameraucana line was suffering from not enough gene pool so i cross bred to a wheaten marans line and just this year i am back to blue eggs after weeding out the non sop birds. i am still not happy with the lines (a bit on the small side) but may have some pure ameraucaunas for sale later in the year. right now anything i sell is sold as an ee because i am still not happy with the line....

everyone is wheaten or blue wheaten....just an fyi on my lines this year
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Penny
On the Roost

Post by Penny » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:27 am

I also have pure Ameraucana. Eggs are a soft sky blue. Paler than I expected/hoped. Taking pics in natural light, but in the shade, does wonders for the egg colour in photos. lol...just saying. I have a young rooster now....but I will hatch out a batch at home before I offer eggs. He's crowing and dancing, but have yet to see him cover the ladies.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm

yeah i found my pure wheaten ameraucanas laying blue are really really light blue. the most vivid are the early pullet eggs where they condense all the large egg blue into a small wee little egg LOL. wish i could get them laying a robin blue egg....now that would be something! and i vote we go for "ameraucanases" for the plural....sounds like a lord of the rings kind of name LOL
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “For Sale”