Flock of Cream Brabanters *SOLD - PPU *

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums. BUYERS please note that we do not guarantee the health of any animal sold on this forum, please do your homework when looking. Please note that we do not have any information about housing conditions, health status or truth of advertising by sellers on this forum. The old adage BUYER BEWARE applies.
Flat Rock Farm

Flock of Cream Brabanters *SOLD - PPU *

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Sadly selling my entire flock of Cream Brabanters 😥. Flock consists of 10 hens ranging in age from 5 months to 2 years and 1 rooster. This is being sold as a group, I will not split them up. Asking $200.00, price is not negotiable. Serious enquirers only, thank you! Location: South of Cambridge
History:
The Brabanter has been bred in the Netherlands, and particularly in Brabant, for a long time.
The Brabanter is among the lightest of chicken breeds; cocks weigh 1.9–2.5 kg and hens 1.6–2.0 kg. It has a narrow crest and a three-part beard. The crest is unlike that of most other crested breeds such as the Polish: it projects upwards and slightly forwards. The Brabanter has a V-shaped comb. The earlobes are small and white, and the wattles are often absent both earlobes and wattles are hidden by the beard.
Hens lay a moderate number of white eggs, do not frequently go broody, and are fairly good winter layers. The breed has a fair build, and thus is a decent table-bird. The Brabanter is a calm breed that is intelligent. It can stand confinement. The Brabanter is suitable for cold areas because its smaller comb and wattles are less susceptible to frostbite.
Attachments
IMG_2559 (800x450).jpg
IMG_1451 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1457 (640x480).jpg

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Re: Flock of Cream Brabanters *SOLD - PPU *

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:07 am

OMG NOOOOOOOOOO! I've wanted some of these, for FOREVER. :gaah:

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:10 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:07 am
Lol...WWW, thats what hapens when you read the forum at 3 AM....lol...although, to be honest, I was sorely tempted as well...but much earlier in the day.. :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:42 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:07 am
Someone on the forum here purchased them, maybe you can get some eggs down the line. I also have a contact for a fellow in QC that has them if you are interested.
They are a lovely breed and am going to miss them :(

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level

Post by Jaye » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Oh, FRF, I am so sorry to hear this. I know you really loved the breed.
As you may know, I have always really wanted to have some Brabanters in my tiny little flock, but it seems like it just wasn't meant to be.
You have no idea how much I wish I could have bought your flock of Brabanters, but I just don't have the right setup for a larger flock; I am at my limit here, space-wise. :-( :-(
Are your hen's eggs still fertile? And would you still be interested in selling some before the flock goes to its new home? If so ...hey, @windwalkingwolf or @TomK , any chance you'd be interested in an incubation collaboration of some sort?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Jaye wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:49 pm
Are your hen's eggs still fertile? And would you still be interested in selling some before the flock goes to its new home? If so ...hey, @windwalkingwolf or @TomK , any chance you'd be interested in an incubation collaboration of some sort?
Yup....straight up.... :iheartpto:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Jaye wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:49 pm
Oh, FRF, I am so sorry to hear this. I know you really loved the breed.
As you may know, I have always really wanted to have some Brabanters in my tiny little flock, but it seems like it just wasn't meant to be.
You have no idea how much I wish I could have bought your flock of Brabanters, but I just don't have the right setup for a larger flock; I am at my limit here, space-wise. :-( :-(
Yes! If there's any way to get some eggs, I can hatch them. Thanks to @Killerbunny and her amazing forced air incubator, I'm getting hardly any wet hatches this year. Hatchability has been stupid good. I can hatch eggs, you guys can share all the pullets and I will keep any extra cockerels. Win!

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 am

Thanks Jaye, it was an extremely hard decision to sell :cry: . The hens are so sweet and alert and have never had a nasty rooster.

Yes fertility this year has been very good and they are still laying. Anyone??? LOL

Am on the fence about selling my Barthudhner's as well but am not parting with my EO's just yet.

WWW if you want the contact's send me a PM ;)

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level

Post by Jaye » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:06 am

Flat Rock Farm wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 am

Yes fertility this year has been very good and they are still laying. Anyone??? LOL
I'm still interested. :yay:
@windwalkingwolf , if you are still interested in incubating some eggs from Flat Rock Farm's line, I'll PM you later today to work out some particulars.
@Flat Rock Farm , if we can work something out, would you be willing to ship eggs?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Sure can ship eggs Jaye ;)

Return to “For Sale”