Pre Paid Orders for 2018 Ameraucana Day Old Chicks

Forum rules
Any photos that accompany your ads must be of your own birds. If you have permission to use someone else's photo (for instance you have purchased that bird and now own it but are using the previous owner's photo) in ALL cases these photos must have credit given to the person that owns the photo. Anyone using someone else's photo without credit given, or found to have scooped a photo off the internet without acknowledging the source will have the post removed. Please give credit where credit it due-folks purchasing your birds/eggs would like to see YOUR birds, not someone else's. If you are posting a wanted ad and wish to add a photo of the ideal bird you would like, please reference the source website/person where you got the photo. People are expelled from schools for plagiarizing, let's not get into the habit of doing that here please. Please use the check mark to show you have found or sold your items, or that your trip has been completed in the sub-forums. BUYERS please note that we do not guarantee the health of any animal sold on this forum, please do your homework when looking. Please note that we do not have any information about housing conditions, health status or truth of advertising by sellers on this forum. The old adage BUYER BEWARE applies.
C Chamberlain
Newly Hatched Chick

Pre Paid Orders for 2018 Ameraucana Day Old Chicks

Post by C Chamberlain » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:33 am

I am now accepting orders for day-old large fowl, potential show quality Ameraucana chicks. Hatching starts February 2018. - Quantities are limited, but quality is excellent! (1 Hen placed 1st in 2017 Show and another placed Reserved)

Ameraucana's are a pure breed and not to be confused with Easter Eggers. The breed's most striking features are their slate or black legs and the fact that they lay blue tinted eggs. ( You can tell if an egg is truly blue when the inside egg shell colour matches the outside. Blue chicken eggs are not a robin's egg blue colour. They are a light pastel blue.) Ameraucanas always have both beards and muffs. Their pea combs make them great birds for extreme Canadian winters. They have a quiet and calm personality and will be sure to attract attention to your flock.

The Blue Ameraucana's have an even shade of clear bluish slate, distinctly laced black feathers.

The Black Ameraucana's have deep glossy black plumage with green tinted feathers.

Blue and Black Ameraucana Chicks are sold straight runs only (unsexed). $15/chick. Orders are filled on a first come basis.

Time frames for Pick Up:
o Feb 15 to April 15
o April 15 to June 15
o June 15 to Aug 15

Reply with an email address and I will send you a form with more details.

AMERAUCANAS: Recognized as a pure breed. • Blue egg laying breed • Come in eight distinct colors (Blue, Black, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten and White) Lavender and Black Gold are new varieties breeders are working on. • Peacomb • Muffs and beard • Red earlobes • Tail • Slate Blue legs • White foot bottoms (Blacks can have black) • White skin • Always lay blue eggs

EASTER EGGERS: Not a recognized breed. (Mongrels - mixed breed chickens that do possess the blue egg gene but don't fully meet the breed specifications of either Araucanas or Ameraucanas. • Come in any colour or combination of colours • Any kind of comb • Muffs/beard/ear tufts or none • Any colour earlobes • Tail or tail-less • Any colour legs • Any colour foot bottoms • Yellow skin • Can lay blue egg, but also sometimes lay green, tan, pink, or even yellow. The reason the egg colours vary so much is because the birds are of mixed parentage. ***These are fine chickens for the backyard, but would be disqualified at APA sanctioned poultry shows.
Attachments
Feathers of a Black Ameraucana Cock
Feathers of a Black Ameraucana Cock
Black Ameraucana Cock and Hen
Black Ameraucana Cock and Hen
20 Week old Blue and Black Pullets
20 Week old Blue and Black Pullets
Feathers of a Blue Ameraucana Pullet
Feathers of a Blue Ameraucana Pullet
Blue Ameraucana Hen, Muffs and Beard, Pea Comb
Blue Ameraucana Hen, Muffs and Beard, Pea Comb
Blue Ameraucana Pullet
Blue Ameraucana Pullet
Black Ameraucana Cock.  Pea Comb, Muffs and Beard, Red Earlobes, Horned Colour Beak, White/Natural Beak Tip
Black Ameraucana Cock. Pea Comb, Muffs and Beard, Red Earlobes, Horned Colour Beak, White/Natural Beak Tip
Slate Blue Legs.  White Foot bottoms / Nails pink but turn gray. Blacks can have black
Slate Blue Legs. White Foot bottoms / Nails pink but turn gray. Blacks can have black

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Pre Paid Orders for 2018 Ameraucana Day Old Chicks

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Your Ameruacanas look very nice, I just have a question,
have you done any test breeding from these birds yet?

C Chamberlain
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by C Chamberlain » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 pm

I have only had Ameracaunas for 2 years. The breeder I bought from shows his birds every year and has won many times.
He has bred Ameracaunas for many years, and doesn't breed them with other colours. He adds new birds regularly.
I had originally bought just to have in my own yard. I am not sure if he ever done the test you are talking about. I do know he talked about genetics in breeding his stock.

coonhound
On the Roost

Post by coonhound » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:56 am

who line are they?

C Chamberlain
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by C Chamberlain » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 am

Al pilon from Meaford

Return to “For Sale”