The Dirty Hippie & Goats Milk

Post by SandyM » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:29 pm

I like dirt and hippies :)

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:51 pm

I like soil..hate dirt..like hippies.... :running-chicken:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:19 pm

My youngest sister is a dirty hippie. It was pretty gross for a while, she actually ended up having to shave her head and armpits, take prescription anti-fungal medication and creams. The natural products she was using to combat b.o., lots of tea tree oil and neem, were screwing with bacteria/fungus balance. If that happens, all the patchouli in the world won't cover the smell LOL

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level

Post by Jaye » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:46 pm

:rofl: WWW, your youngest sister sounds a lot like my youngest step-sister. It's amazing how much difference it makes to b.o. levels if you just shave your armpits and use soap when you bathe.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:59 pm

I haven't used soap in 4 years on my body and it's been over a year since I have used hair shampoo (unless I run out and forget to make it then I'll use the guys products for a day). Soap is over rated. Being clean is important, but soap itself is over rated. I don't use commercial toothpaste either. Make my own.

I don't smell like BO. Unless I am working up a storm, sweating and hauling butt, then the best of products can't compete. There are some people on here I've met off the forum and I'm sure they'll tell you I don't smell like a swampy armpit.

Why is it guys don't have to shave their armpits and that's ok? No smelly mess? Hmmm, I don't like double standards.

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:19 pm

image.png
No shampoo, no soap. No dirty hair and no dirty pits.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level

Post by Jaye » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:31 pm

I am sorry that you took my post personally. It certainly wasn't directed at you or anyone else - other than my step-sister. LOL. I only wanted to point out that an abundance of arm pit hair harbours bacteria and smell, whether you are male or female. Also, everyone's body chemistry is different. Some people have more problem with body odour than others because of this. There is actually a medical condition that some suffer from, called Trimethylaminuria (TMA), which is an inborn error of metabolism associated with an offensive body odor, the smell of rotting fish, due to the excessive excretion of TMA in urine, sweat, and breath.
You are fortunate that you don't have the kind of body chemistry that creates body odour even when at rest. Some people are not as fortunate and do need to take steps to minimize it. One way to do this is to keep body hair down in areas that are prone to becoming hot and humid. My step-sister is one of those unfortunate people who is prone to excessive body odour, but does little or nothing about it.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:49 pm

'Cuz you wash, my sister did not...she got in the shower maybe twice a year, just to freshen up lmao!! She had dreadlocks and was quite proud of them *shudders* She was convinced that b.o. was a result of her cheating on her vegetarian diet, with an occasional strip of bacon. Now that she is bathing fairly regularly, we don't need noseplugs LOL! Soap really has nothing to do with it. Don't need bubbles to not be a dirty hippie! Sodas do the trick nicely as you know. Pit shaving is irrelevant to the cleanliness argument, a different philosophical/societal kettle of fish altogether.

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Nope. Takes waaaay more than that to offend me. I got pretty thick skin :)

Posting a photo is to show that I'm not a grease pit and you'll have to take my word that I don't stink. It's just more about debunking the silly myths like not using shampoo/soaps means people are smelly and dirty. My whole family and a lot of my friends call me a hippie and were mortified when I retired the soap bar! Now they don't even think about it. But bathing is likely one of the major components to my success. Haha. (And probiotics daily)

I've heard about that enzyme or is it immune issue jaye with body odour. Personally I'd hit a Chinese medicine dude but that's just me.

Lou will kill me for bragging about his excessive fur (but he'll never know) but he's the hairiest person on the planet. Even a gorilla takes a 2nd look. He doesn't wear antiperspirant or deorderant. Never. Never has BO. And he works construction. I am NOT that fortunate.

Some people just have higher loads of bacteria and personally I think it starts on the inside.

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:06 pm

So what I'm learning is that goats milk lotion, soaps and shampoos don't really have goats milk in them. How would it stay on a shelf otherwise?

Return to “Misc Educational Resources and Topics”