Baby Goats today.

Forum rules
As per Ferrier1987: You are supposed to post pictures when you post about your baby goats. Its a rule here. I just made it up as a rule, but its now part of the forum rules I have decided.
Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Baby Goats today.

Post by Bayvistafarm » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:52 pm

:pop:

Thanks KB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Baby Goats today.

Post by poultry_admin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:08 pm

Colleen Kinzie wrote:QR_BBPOST Hey. Just noticed
Still on old time here. Lol
If your time is off, click on your username top right. Then the "User Control Panel". Then click on the "Board Preferences" - Tab.

The main section in the tab has "My time zone". Make sure you select "America/Toronto". Not "UTC -5 ...". That way the next time change will happen automatically.
Press submit to confirm.
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Baby Goats today.

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:53 pm

:camera:
I think he may be a bit busy..... :pop:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Baby Goats today.

Post by WLLady » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Being busy is no excuse for no photos....oh...wait....um
....never mind....i will take my camera out shortly :hide:
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Baby Goats today.

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:29 pm

MANOMAN! How much water do they need boiled? I bringem a gallon and they tell me to go get more. I am a goldarn reporter, not a waterboy. But I do have an update.

Priya has two bouncing babies. Celeste and McArthur. McArthur is a little bigger than Celeste, was able to find the right parts on mom to get a meal. Celeste was a little slower, and assistance was given in the form of a pop bottle with a nipple on it full of colostrum, but she got a warm meal. All are resting comfortably. Mother ate some gross stuff, but it is what nature tells them to do, and who am I to argue. Then she started eating some hay, and then she asked for grain, so she had her supper. Replaced the cold water in her bucket with warm and a little electrolyte in it just for good measure. And lick? My gorsh, she has licked them til you would think the paint would come off, and keeps nudging back toward her udder, and talking low bleats, and they bleat back. It is wonderful.

And the dam photographer. I don't know if he had any fillum in his camera, but he took a couple pics with his phone. I guess you get what you pay for. He called me a cheap bustard.

All resting comfortably. Will report back in the morning. Hopefully better pictures then.

First pic is me and McArthur. Second wont seam to attach, will work on things tomorrow. Dam photographers and geeks.
Attachments
goat1.png
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Baby Goats today.

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:55 pm

:stars:
Lovely kid. Tell Mum well done!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Baby Goats today.

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Congrats!!!
The kid and mom look lovely the man looks exhausted ;) I guess par for the course?

kenya
Henny Penny

Baby Goats today.

Post by kenya » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:00 am

I agree ! You look done in! Pretty cute baby though!

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Baby Goats today.

Post by Farrier1987 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:45 am

Good morning everyone.

Later yesterday, I helped each one onto a teat and they emptied her. Last I saw them last night they were curled up in balls by the gate with Priya standing over them, nuzzling and the odd lick and gentle bleat. Out this morning, and the picture was the same, curled up in balls with mom standing over. I got her out and onto the milking stall so she could have her grain. She has milk but is not full, so they have nursed over night. In a while I will take out some hot water and a rag and wash her back end up a little, not a scrub, just a bit of cleanup before it gets crusty. She mostly finished cleansing over night too. Will also milk some colostrum and freeze it for just in case for another birthing where it might be required. Will let them out of the barn a bit later so they can kick and buck and play and eat and sleep like young goats are wont to do. They are so soft and furry nor, as they get older the hair becomes coarser.

And about the picture, I was not worn out as it appears, just the angles and that snap second. I do admit that I was relaxed and enjoying things at that time. I also didn't realize what a farmers tan I have acquired in the last month or so working in the orchard. I shall make a serious attempt this morning to post some other pictures. Just like any proud grampa would.

Life is good.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Baby Goats today.

Post by Farrier1987 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:42 pm

The pics.
Attachments
Mar2016 314.JPG
Mar2016 318.JPG
Mar2016 295.JPG

Return to “Goats and Sheep and Other Small Hooved Critters”