Baby Goats today.

Forum rules
As per Ferrier1987: You are supposed to post pictures when you post about your baby goats. Its a rule here. I just made it up as a rule, but its now part of the forum rules I have decided.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Baby Goats today.

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:54 am

Just went out an fed. Priya has been bagging up for the last week or so, had her in the barn overnight. The calendar says the 20th, five months ago she and the father of her children were acting very randy and hat it on.

She has been bagging up for a month or so, slowly getting bigger. Last night, the bag was pretty much full, but still soft, the teats were still flabby. This morning, the teats are mostly full. I would say its like she was in full milk and you milked two hours ago. Full, but soft and not engorged. Her girl parts are exuding a creamy opaque substance, not a whole lot, but its there and obvious. So I am sure today is the day. We shall have new life forms and fresh milk for our coffee and to make pancakes. Life is good. And the horse can be a surrogate mother again. She can't feed them, but she can sure love them. (Kind of like me I guess.)

And not only that, set a hen yesterday with seven eggs. And soon can get into the garden. Spring is here.

Stay tuned, as this reporter will be on the scene and dispatching updates as events unfold! The photographer has been sent for, and any pictures will be posted with the updates.

OOOOOOOOOOOH! I'm so excited!
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Baby Goats today.

Post by thegawd » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:51 am

WooooHoooo! fingers crossed! looking forward to the latest reports!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Baby Goats today.

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:34 pm

BREAKING NEWS!

Relatively quiet right now, but the battle is about to be joined. Some small bleat/groans which is unusual for our Priya. She is still standing, but intermittently straining. The mucous drool at her back end has been replaced by pinkish red serum drool. Her bag is full, and expanded sideways so she has trouble taking steps, has to swing her legs sideways to step. The teats are full full full but not hard tight engorged. This reporter was to bring a stopwatch to time the contractions, but forgot. A guess would be 8 min apart.

Keep your dial set right here for the latest news as it happens! We will be on the scene reporting live.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Baby Goats today.

Post by thegawd » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:33 pm

:mailboxhappy:

I Love It Man! :-)
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Baby Goats today.

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:13 pm

THIS JUST IN! Two babies being licked and cleaned by their mother! This reporter has been sent to boil water. Pictures to follow.

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Baby Goats today.

Post by Bayvistafarm » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:16 pm

Its been two hours. Any more?? Wheres the pictures?? lol

Eating popcorn. How in the heck do you put those little 'things' in a reply?????????????????????????

Colleen Kinzie
Free Ranging

Baby Goats today.

Post by Colleen Kinzie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:18 pm

I agree with BVF
2 hours now since last update
Hope everyone is okay and you are just out there adoring the newbies!!!!
Will be waiting for pics please

Colleen Kinzie
Free Ranging

Baby Goats today.

Post by Colleen Kinzie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:21 pm

Hey. Just noticed
Still on old time here. Lol

kenya
Henny Penny

Baby Goats today.

Post by kenya » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:55 pm

Pictures please!!!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Baby Goats today.

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Bayvistafarm wrote:QR_BBPOST Its been two hours. Any more?? Wheres the pictures?? lol

Eating popcorn. How in the heck do you put those little 'things' in a reply?????????????????????????
I agree! BVF you have to use the post reply not quick reply and that gives you access to the little critter things whatever. Emoticans?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Goats and Sheep and Other Small Hooved Critters”