Goat with False Pregnancy?

Forum rules
As per Ferrier1987: You are supposed to post pictures when you post about your baby goats. Its a rule here. I just made it up as a rule, but its now part of the forum rules I have decided.
Chicken Ninja
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by Chicken Ninja » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Brebis wrote:QR_BBPOST It's possible she had an early miscarriage and you probably wouldn't have known, it does happen quite frequently. Was she with the buck after? If so she may have been bred after.
I don't think she was bred after, but there is the possibility... My mum thought she felt and saw a kid moving, like a solid thing that passed by her hand. Would she still get large and show the same signs like lack of interest in food if she had a miscarriage?
"So please ask yourself: What I would do if I weren't afraid? And then go do it." Sheryl Sandberg

Co-President of U of Guelph's Poultry Club
Proud to be called a chicken

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

Post by goatgal35 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Yup we had a set of twin boys on Tuesday and I just came from watching another set of twin boys be born. I have one more first freshener due soon. It will probably be a single buck kid. I only have 4 does. My old girl had a single buck kid back in January. I wanted at least one doe kid. Oh well baby goats are awesome no matter what their gender.

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:36 pm

goatgal35 wrote:QR_BBPOST Yup we had a set of twin boys on Tuesday and I just came from watching another set of twin boys be born. I have one more first freshener due soon. It will probably be a single buck kid. I only have 4 does. My old girl had a single buck kid back in January. I wanted at least one doe kid. Oh well baby goats are awesome no matter what their gender.
Congrats for being a grandmother, again and again and , well you get where I'm going.

Chicken Ninja
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by Chicken Ninja » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:59 pm

goatgal35 wrote:QR_BBPOST Yup we had a set of twin boys on Tuesday and I just came from watching another set of twin boys be born. I have one more first freshener due soon. It will probably be a single buck kid. I only have 4 does. My old girl had a single buck kid back in January. I wanted at least one doe kid. Oh well baby goats are awesome no matter what their gender.
Congrats! :storkbaby: :stars: :wee: (on the healthy baby goats - not neccessarily the 4 for 4 bucklings)
"So please ask yourself: What I would do if I weren't afraid? And then go do it." Sheryl Sandberg

Co-President of U of Guelph's Poultry Club
Proud to be called a chicken

Return to “Goats and Sheep and Other Small Hooved Critters”