GOAT THREAD

Forum rules
As per Ferrier1987: You are supposed to post pictures when you post about your baby goats. Its a rule here. I just made it up as a rule, but its now part of the forum rules I have decided.
JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Re: GOAT THREAD

Post by JimW » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Great read. I don't have goats, know basically nothing about them. I would like to get a couple goats or a couple sheep, don't think the wife will let me, but maybe some day.

Interesting to hear your goats live relatively well in the big dog house, as I don't have a barn so would have to figure out something to house them in.

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:51 am

We had our 4 in a field formerly used by horses, with a 3-sided rain shelter, right next to and facing the cover-all so rain won't blow in the open side. You've never seen an animal so miserable and sad as a goat that's been hit by a single raindrop. Aggie got out daily, crawled under the page wire like a fat worm, browsed the lawn, and crawled back in when she'd had enough. I watched her do it, too funny! I'm amazed the other 3 never tried to follow her out. Anyway, the lean-to was good enough for them until just after Xmas when we got a bit of wet snow. They crowded in there, huddled together as if the field around them was on fire, and made the most pitiful '"help me!" noises until I walked them into a stall in the barn. Where they are taking up valuable space lol. But they're much happier that they don't have to set eyes on a *gasp* snowflake! Big babies.

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Post by Poultryprincess » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:31 am

kenya ~ LUVED the Nubian story!!! Guess I should be thankful that our little farm is surrounded by 200 acres of Corn fields hee hee hee
:PTO: My NEW Life Motto for 2020 "DREAM BIG ~ SET GOALS ~ TAKE ACTION" :PTO:

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Wow great post. Always wanted a few of the pygmy's but the chickens keep me hopping as it is.

WaupoosCowgirl
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Post by WaupoosCowgirl » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:43 am

We have Darla the goat, she lives with the cows and horses. She comes and goes out of the fence. She is a pain in the ass when I feed the cows their corn...she stands in the feed-way with me and when the cows put their heads through to eat she head butts them and she has crazy long horns! She is also morbidly obese and probably the ugliest goat I have ever seen but what do you she is one of the crew.

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:21 am

Ha! Ha! Waupoos too funny, should get a video!

Robbie
Head Chicken

Post by Robbie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:36 am

Looking very forward to more goat chronicles.
:sFun_mornincoffee:

The Goatlady
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by The Goatlady » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:31 pm

Great thread for goats....Busy at this time of year with newborns....every 2 hours night or day...l'm checking the pregnant mothers...lotsa triplets this year...means extra bottle baby feedings and sleepless night's. ...thank goodness it's not like last year....-34.1C....that was way too cold for kidding. :o

Return to “Goats and Sheep and Other Small Hooved Critters”