Time to cut down.

Forum rules
As per Ferrier1987: You are supposed to post pictures when you post about your baby goats. Its a rule here. I just made it up as a rule, but its now part of the forum rules I have decided.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Time to cut down.

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:14 am

I sell a little milk, but getting too much and the limitations of an acre, I have to part with one of my girls, so posted her on Kijiji this morning. I liked the pictures, so thought I would post them here for the pleasure of my anxiously waiting public. For those that might not know, I think this is a well shaped and attached bag, which can be really important over the years. This girl is a year and a half, first timer, freshened 4 months ago, and is putting out about 2 litres a milking. Should be more next year, and then for about 3 years I expect she would be about 3 ro 4L a milking, then some decline as she gets older.

This is Sunny, anyone that tried the goats milk at the piknik sampled some of her ware.
Attachments
sunny3.JPG
sunny2.JPG
Sunny1.JPG
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Time to cut down.

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Sold her within an hour, $450, which I consider top dollar, but not exorbitant for what he got. Another hobby farmer got a good animal for what he wants to do with her. I am pleased with it overall, tho I will miss her.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Return to “Goats and Sheep and Other Small Hooved Critters”