I need to build a crate asap to move small pigs

Forum rules
As per Ferrier1987: You are supposed to post pictures when you post about your baby goats. Its a rule here. I just made it up as a rule, but its now part of the forum rules I have decided.
muffin
On the Roost

I need to build a crate asap to move small pigs

Post by muffin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Anyone have good, simple plans to build one? Moving a pot belly pig about 100 pounds (or so they tell me), so want to build out of 2 X 4s, want a drop down gate at either end so can go in one way and out the other. Old fashioned style crate, we had one many years ago, but have no pictures to see how it was made... :cow: :idunno:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: I need to build a crate asap to move small pigs

Post by Farrier1987 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:45 pm

I have one I made. Started with a pallet. Cut it narrower. Framed sides with 2x4's. Plywood sides for strength and a 2x8 shelf board well nailed as a sill front and back to give it rigidity. Hinged plywood gates front and back. Hinge out one side, in the other. Put some handles on the sides so that two people can lift it on and off a pickup fairly easy.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Return to “Goats and Sheep and Other Small Hooved Critters”