Twice as Cuter baby goat

Forum rules
As per Ferrier1987: You are supposed to post pictures when you post about your baby goats. Its a rule here. I just made it up as a rule, but its now part of the forum rules I have decided.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Twice as Cuter baby goat

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:24 pm

So, after 5 months work, Priya came forth with the goat kid crop. One. A boy name Charlemange. Could have wished for a girl, or twins, but one boy it is, and we will take it. I will have milk for my Coffee again. Mother and child doing well. Was born about 1 this aft, I was at work. Not sure, but I think he had been drinking. Just to make sure, I took a pop bottle with a nipple on it, and he scarfed down about 400 ml. Milked a litre and a half, left her with milk, but bag slack. Took pictures as you can see, to abide by the new rules for this part of the forum.

Baby goat here, three hens setting, one with chicks running around the yard. Spring is close by. Life is good.
Attachments
PriyaCharlie3.JPG
PriyaCharlie.JPG
Charlie.JPG
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Colleen Kinzie
Free Ranging

Twice as Cuter baby goat

Post by Colleen Kinzie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:33 pm

OMG. He is super cute
Almost makes me want a goat again!
Almost. Lol
Glad both mom and kid are doing good
Congrats !!!!
:congrats:

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Twice as Cuter baby goat

Post by poultry_admin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Congrats! :yay:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Twice as Cuter baby goat

Post by Skinny rooster » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:20 pm

That goat is pretty and the baby is waaaay cute.

I like goats milk, I used to buy it all the time because I can't drink cow's milk.

I want some mini goats, lol those babies are like toys that walk without batteries.

kenya
Henny Penny

Twice as Cuter baby goat

Post by kenya » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:36 am

Ahhhh so cute! What a long name I can hear you running after him yelling his name and your neighbours thinking you finally lost it. Ha! Ha!

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Twice as Cuter baby goat

Post by Farrier1987 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:19 am

He will be Charlie. Charlemange is what it says on his drivers license.

Anyone interested in a pet goat or billy. Purebred, not papered from very good milk lines. He will be available in about two months, ready to breed in the fall if wanted. Will be dehorned and vaccinated and friendly and stuff. I can remove the pollen producing parts or not. Anyone interested is welcome to come and visit and discuss. He will be bad to the bone like all goats, much frustration and much pleasure.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Twice as Cuter baby goat

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 am

Gorgeous kid, COngrats to Mum!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Twice as Cuter baby goat

Post by Farrier1987 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:48 am

Good news! Good news!

Charlie will have a new home in June, will stay on his mom til then. Lady came and bought him yesterday for a breeding buck for the fall. Paid for him. Done deal. Good for him, good for me.

Little bucklings are sort of like roosters. You need one, but there are lots to choose from, not terrible much money, and sort of heartbreakers to let go, but you know you need to. And you sell them for whatever purpose the willing party buys him for, he's not yours any more, but its nice to know he's not destined for the frying pan.

So this one works out well for all. I am very pleased.

kenya
Henny Penny

Twice as Cuter baby goat

Post by kenya » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Well congratulations. Yes I bet its hard selling knowing its going to the frying pan, good for him that's not where hes going but you're right once you sell him you never know.

Return to “Goats and Sheep and Other Small Hooved Critters”