Young doe cleansing

Forum rules
As per Ferrier1987: You are supposed to post pictures when you post about your baby goats. Its a rule here. I just made it up as a rule, but its now part of the forum rules I have decided.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Young doe cleansing

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:15 pm

Its been four weeks now since she had the twins. Of course that first week, lots of dripping and things, as expected. It has slowed down a lot. Several times I have thought this should be the last and cleaned up her tail and things. Then some more bloody drips and sticky muck. No sign of infection or anything alarming, but would like to know from others, isn't this a little unusual, all else being healthy?

She is milking well, no trouble feeding the twins which can be a worry for a first timer like she is. I know that's supposed to help the contractions to help her cleanse.

Thanks.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

Young doe cleansing

Post by goatgal35 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:44 pm

As long as she is healthy and there is no sign of infection, I wouldn't worry. I have had some do the same thing :)

redninja
On the Roost

Young doe cleansing

Post by redninja » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Our older Doe was the same this year. 5-6 weeks until she was done. She's fine and raising a beautiful doeling.
Don't let anyone tell you who you can or can't be.
Breeding Isbar, Ameracauna, BBS Muscovy, Goat

The Goatlady
Newly Hatched Chick

Young doe cleansing

Post by The Goatlady » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:30 pm

..6 weeks of discharge .....no different than a human....after birthing

Return to “Goats and Sheep and Other Small Hooved Critters”