Bio-mycin for Bunnies

Nickyn
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Bio-mycin for Bunnies

Post by Nickyn » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Hiya gang,
Does anyone know if you can get Bio-mycin from TSC or feed mills in Ontario? I can't find anything about it, so can't tell if it is perscription only or not. I have 2 rabbits who have had a bad case of ear mites. Bimectin is clearing up their ears really well but one of the bunnies seems to have developed an inner ear infection. Poor little guy has wry neck and having a rough time. Bio-mycin seems to be the antibiotic of choice for this kind of thing.
Thanks!

mfalconer
Newly Hatched Chick

Bio-mycin for Bunnies

Post by mfalconer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:37 am

Another way to clear up ear mites. Just get an eye dropper and apply 1-2 drops of olive oil in infected ears once a day. This might take 4-6 weeks to clear up. Sorry no idea about Bio-mycin.

Syble
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Bio-mycin for Bunnies

Post by Syble » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:23 pm

personally i use ivromec or whatever mec to kill the mites, in ears i would just use the human polysporin ear drops at local pharmacy

Nickyn
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Bio-mycin for Bunnies

Post by Nickyn » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:45 am

Just in case anyone is trying to rid rabbits of ear mites....

I tried the oil - no luck. The case of mites was too severe. I found Bio-mectin on Amazon. It worked like magic within a day. Even the crusty, parts disappeared with 48 hours.

I did the ivermectin while I was waiting for the shipment of Biomectin (about 10 days) but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Of course, a few weeks later, they had it at my local feed store (:

The biomectin that I used is the type that is apple flavour for cattle. I just dabbed a tiny pea sized bit on a carrot.

Return to “Furred Friends”