Question Tips on how to (re)house train an adult dog?

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Tips on how to (re)house train an adult dog?

Post by Jaye » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:43 pm

LOL, if you think he's a momma's boy because of that last photo, that's actually a picture of Aiden in the crook of Ron's legs. Those two get along famously and they both like napping on the couch. ;-)
It does sound like you had a one-in-a-million groomer. Ron and I have had numerous discussions about whether or not to continue with the current groomer, and there is merit to sticking with the same groomer so that she has a chance to develop a more trusting relationship with Aiden. While it's true that she may not have much experience with rescue dogs and perhaps not enough patience to handle their foibles, Ron thinks that she really did seem to have dog's best interests at heart, and that she may even have learned a few things from her experience with Aiden. We may be inclined to give her another chance at the moment. We'll see. Having said that, we also have two recommended alternates that we can contact if we change our minds before the next time he needs a "spa day". :-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

XBRIT
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by XBRIT » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:10 pm

This is Candy waiting to be put to sleep, I shipped her from the states. She was one of the worst cases of abuse and neglect. Even at the airport the workers warned me about getting too close to her. At the vet she bit the vets hand (had a welders glove on) when trying to get her out of the carrier. Was she mean and nasty, NO she was terrified of humans. From the vet she went to my special groomer, you can see the result. This is why I know what the right groomer can achieve.
Attachments
CandyB4.jpg
CandyATpound.jpg
Buffy Candy Bailey.JPG

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:58 pm

OMG, that's just terrible! Poor Candy! That can people can be so uncaring and cruel toward animals is beyond me.
Thank God you found each other. And your special groomer.
What a little darling! She looks like one happy, healthy, well-loved dog.As do her two buddies.

Does your groomer handle larger dogs, by any chance?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

XBRIT
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by XBRIT » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Cindy passed away August last year, she had constant tumors but finally one that was non operable. She was with me 5 years. The groomer worked in Tweed but I haven't been there for a few years but can make a few calls as she was recommended by my vet. Yes she did all dogs as far as I know. Buffy and Cleo, in the picture with Candy have passed away also.

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:58 am

I think it's great that they all got to spend the second part of their lives with you. I just love "happy tails" stories.
Tweed is a bit of a haul for me, but maybe still do-able. If it's been a few years since you've been in touch with her, she may have retired though.
It came to be that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them and every new dog that comes in to my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be the dog, and I will become as loving and generous as they are. -Author Unknown

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 am

It came to be that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them and every new dog that comes in to my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be the dog, and I will become as loving and generous as they are. -Author Unknown[/quote][/quote]

LOVE THIS

XBRIT
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by XBRIT » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:17 pm

O.K. jaye, finally tracked her down. She no longer works at the groomers but now works from home and is still in the Tweed area. Yes it is really too far to travel but I do have her number if you want to contact her.

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:22 am

Thanks, XBRIT - I will PM you.
Oh, BTW, what's with everyone "liking" Sandy's post saying she loved the quote I posted? Does this mean that you all don't like the quote, but like that Sandy loves it?;-)

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:51 am

Post removed by admin

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:52 am

Post removed by admin

Return to “Furred Friends”