Pup has to go: for adoption

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:51 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg
Its with heavy heart that we must find a new home for Duchess. She is a 6 year old spayed doberman/lab mix. She spent her puppyhood with a young couple near Montreal who gave her up when they realised they didn't have time for her, and the last 5 years with us on the farm. She has grown accustomed to cows and chickens (she has never hurt a chicken but has stolen a few eggs) and she is a companion to me when cutting wood in the forest. But she is the "dominant" female and a scrap she had with Jester (the one eyed pug) has sealed her fate as she can no longer be trusted with our little dogs. Our suspicion is now confirmed as to what events occurred that Jester damaged then lost her other eye. She has been nothing but friendly with people and children (other than a healthy suspicion to strangers). She is a high energy dog and loves to run and chases every flying bird (she'd be great to keep geese or other birds away from a place). She seeks attention and is easy to train (like a labrador) and she's fearless like a doberman (she's faced off with coyotes, a beaver, and a porcupine: we believe she learned from the last two, and I sent off the coyotes with a 12 guage shot in the air). She's well behaved in the house and loves to walk in town on a leash. She dominates our old boy Baron, and I would recommend she be the only dog in the house. I don't know what she's like with other dogs as we don't walk in town often. Located near Burnstown (west of Ottawa). PM me please.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:28 am

Oh no, sorry to hear about this and poor Jester. Hope you find a good home for Duchess.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:18 am

sorry to hear baron.....hope you find her a great home!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Furred Friends”