Farm dog Puppies

Farrier1987
Chatty Hen

Farm dog Puppies

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:23 am

The neighbor has eight puppies six weeks old, going to be ready soon. Lab x Blue healer. Five boys, three girls. He owns both parents, not a commercial operation. No vet check or anything far as I know, but might have been wormed or something, not sure. He wants $200 ea for them. Near Chatham.

Some woman has asked to take them all, but he thinks its to a pet store or something that will mark them up and resell and he would prefer not to do that.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I can put you in touch. Should make real good dogs for the sorts of us on this site.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Farrier1987
Chatty Hen

Re: Farm dog Puppies

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Forgot to mention, he has family in the Ottawa area and will probably be going that way around Christmas. No promises right now tho.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:20 am

I think something is going on, I have heard about dog brokers, not puppy mills but people who try to get pups cheap to resell. I believe this is true because my neighbour had her Australian shepherd out playing with her pups and a young guy came in and wanted to take all the pups. When she said no that all the pups had homes, he kept insisting on taking them. Very strange.

Farrier1987
Chatty Hen

Post by Farrier1987 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 am

Yup, I think so. When these puppies were available, he had the same kind of offer, turned it down and found individual homes.

labradors
Starting to Crow

Post by labradors » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:06 am

Thank goodness for that!

I would never give away an animal for free (unless I knew the adoptee). They have no value and tend to be treated as such :( .

Linda

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Puppies are big business now, and I mean for resellers, not puppy mills. The lowliest mutt is worth hundreds, especially if it comes with a sob story about being "released" or "rescued". Thanks to the Adopt, don't Shop movement, shelters are empty, "rescues" are full, prices, er, I mean adoption fees are huge, and registered breeders take a lot of nonsense and pressure to put their prices way up to avoid resellers.

Return to “Furred Friends”